Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? (/showthread.php?tid=135451)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - cjs - 05-11-2012

What's on the menu for today??

I have a b'day certificate to use at a local restaurant and another cruise ***** is coming into port, so we'll go out for dinner and just cruise around town and visit with the visitors. Love when they come into town and the ships are so beautiful!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-11-2012

Have a great day, Jean!

We're going out tonight, too! Ashley has selected Bonefish Grill. YUM! I can't wait!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - Lorraine - 05-11-2012

Quote:

Bonefish Grill

We have one here, but we've never been. Have fun! jean, that sounds like a great time!@ it's a major prep day here. all I have so far is fresh corn. It will be meager pickings if I don't come up with something fast.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - Trixxee - 05-11-2012

Tonight it's chicken with a saffron cream sauce over angel hair, and sauteed spinach.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - piano226 - 05-11-2012

Hi,

Bison burgers and corn for us.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - cjs - 05-11-2012

Oh Marina, I'll be following you in this. We have a WONDERFUL new Health store (well, not new, but they moved into a closed down Gottschalks bldg.) and they really expanded. I'm going to get in real trouble there, I just know. They had ground Venison and Bison, but I chose the Elk & Pork Bratwurst for this trip.

Oh, and also found Goat butter there. Now, I have to find where I was discussing this with someone(s)......

The bulk grains, beans, etc they have is just unbelievable.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - losblanos1 - 05-11-2012

Steak Night!
A new favorite; Steak Rumaki with a side of asparagus. This photo is from the last time that I made it.

[Image: Steakrumaki2.jpg]

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - cjs - 05-11-2012

Well, plans change - we're still going downtown, but high winds have forced the cruise ***** to go directly to Vancouve, B.C. with no stop over here in P.A.

But, we did a tortilla pizza at noon that is sure worth mentioning - Smoked Trout Pizza with Caviar (on Spinach Tortilla)

[Image: SmkdTroutPizzaMay1112.jpg]

The amount of toppings I had ready, was really too much for one large tortilla, so I slipped a 2nd under the first and made a kind of funny shapped pizza. But it was a much better amount to top.

Cream cheese, mozz, smoked trout, red onion, little more mozz. then served with caviar.

[Image: SmkdTroutCaviarPizzaMay1112.jpg]

And, it was delicious with Safeway's 2 Vine Chardonnay. YUM!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - BarbaraS - 05-11-2012

Ah yes, the start of the Alaska cruise season!

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 5/11?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-11-2012

Oh, my, Jean! That looks incredible!