Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? (/showthread.php?tid=135410)

What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - cjs - 05-10-2012

What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're doing a Costco run, so will probably stop for a quick sandwich and glass of wine at Applebee's. And ruin our dinners.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - farnfam - 05-10-2012

I believe we are having the last of the leftover chicken. I'm going to make it into a chicken pot pie

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - Trixxee - 05-10-2012

It's either this delicious looking dish, or tortilla crusted tilapia with a creamy avocado cilantro dipping sauce. What we don't have today we will probably have tomorrow.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/every...cipe/index.html

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - Mare749 - 05-10-2012

I have a pork loin to roast. Haven't decided on a glaze yet. Will have to look through some old issues. Any ideas?

I'm thinking maybe roasted sweet potatoes and Asian slaw to go with.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - losblanos1 - 05-10-2012

I've been cooking recipes out of the new Fresh & Fabulous Vol 2 cookbook all week, tonight is the last one from that issue for awhile.

Chicken Pomodoro with sides of Garlic spaghetti and Asparagus.

So far, I've not been blown away by any of them.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - cjs - 05-10-2012

I just picked up a C@H book at Costco that I don't think I've heard of before -

Cuisine tonight Grilling and you flip it over to Sandwiches and Salads. I didn't have time to go thru it, so I'm hoping it's not just a rehash of previous books...... we'll see.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - losblanos1 - 05-10-2012

Jean, is the picture on the cover the five-spice glazed chicken?

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - esgunn - 05-10-2012

I made a version of the Chicken Pomodoro the other night. Cutlets, cheese ravioli, and the sauce. I didn't have Vodka, so used wine. We thought is was good. Quick for sure and the kids liked it. The sauce worked well with the cheese ravioli.

Tonight is Sausage and Beans in the crock pot. An easy favorite around this house.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - Mare749 - 05-10-2012

Quote:

I've been cooking recipes out of the new Fresh & Fabulous Vol 2 cookbook all week, tonight is the last one from that issue for awhile.

Chicken Pomodoro with sides of Garlic spaghetti and Asparagus.

So far, I've not been blown away by any of them.

I, for one, really appreciate your honesty, Blane. I purchased two of the previous "Lite" books: "Cuisine Lite 30 Minute Menus" which has some pretty good recipes. But, the other one, "Cuisine Lite Fresh & Fabulous" (it must be book 1) I'm not that crazy about.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 5/10?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-10-2012

I agree, Maryann!

We're having spaghetti....Will's home and doing the cooking!