Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? (/showthread.php?tid=135360)

What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - cjs - 05-09-2012

What's on the menu for today?

I'm testing recipes, so we will be grazing most of the time today. Smoked Trout and Scallop dishes.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - Lorraine - 05-09-2012

It's a prep day for us (stocks etc). I have some pork steaks that i think I'll slow roast while we are there. I have fresh corn that is sweeter than some we had last summer. Not sure what else.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - Trixxee - 05-09-2012

We're going to a bake sale. Ha! I'm not cooking - we are getting assorted tacos from our favorite food truck, Taco Maria. I'll take a chicken mole taco and a hangar steak taco.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - Mare749 - 05-09-2012

We having Jean's birthday dinner tonight, minus the dessert. Sorry Jean, but between vacation and this past weekend, we've been over-indulging. Can't wait to try the rest of the menu.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - HappyHomemaker - 05-09-2012

My first real postSmile
We will BBQ up some tri-tip steaks. I will be searching the past threads for sides to go along with them. I will let you know what I choose!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - farnfam - 05-09-2012

umm, just leftovers, again but I need to use them up. Italian sausage and some spaghetti, with a salad (that part won't be leftovers lol)

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - cjs - 05-09-2012

Oh God, are we grazing...................

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - Mare749 - 05-09-2012

Sure wish I was at Jean's house...

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - cjs - 05-09-2012

I started out making corn cake to use as the base for the sour cream, smoked trout, pepper jelly and caviar. The first I cooked were 1/4 cup size - way too large for 1-2 bite-size I was looking for, reduced to 2T. size, still too large. One tablespoon was better, but best, believe it or not was just a scant 1/2 tasblespoon size. (at bottom of picture)

[Image: CIMG2240.jpg]

I plated a few different ways - I'm sure wishing I had Blane's camera and talent; his pictures always look so good!! (I MEANT that - not fishing at all!! )
[Image: CIMG2226.jpg]

[Image: CIMG2236.jpg]

[Image: CIMG2235.jpg]

[Image: CIMG2231.jpg]

I sure won't post all the different testing pictures over the next few months, but it was fun today...now, I'll get down to business.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-09-2012

Wow! They look GREAT! William said he wants all of them!

Since we won't be home Friday....ASHLEY'S FINALLY GRADUATING!...we're doing steak night tonight.