Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? (/showthread.php?tid=135190)

Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - cjs - 05-03-2012

What's on the menu for today??

We're gong here http://greenhousegigharbor.com/ for dinner after we wear ourselves out at the RV show.

Ate a late lunch (or early dinner) at the Tides Tavern here in Gig Harbor - shared a plate of lightly breaded calamari and a huge bowl of Cioppino, both were excellent!! With a great bottle of wine - Four Vines Old Vine Cuvee Zin, 2009.
Sat out on the water, the sun was shining, it was a wonderful afternoon!!

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - Trixxee - 05-03-2012

I think I've settled on cajun chicken stroganoff (though I don't add kielbasa). Will serve it over noodles and will either throw some baby spinach in with the noodles or make a side salad.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - Harborwitch - 05-03-2012

We have a 15 lb fresh ham in the smoker, all rubbed with goodies and getting hickory and apple smoke. We're going to split a huge artichoke with smoked herb mayonnaise, and I'm not sure what else yet.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - farnfam - 05-03-2012

House full of hungry men all pumped about their trip tommorow. I am going with meatloaf, potatoes Italiano, and green beans, then chocolate cake. I feel sure this is going to go over well

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - losblanos1 - 05-03-2012

Quote:

It's been non-stop rain on this side of the sound, which makes my dinner selection perfect; Pork and mushroom stew with a side of Apple-Potato mash.
I also have a loaf of chocolate chip banana bread in the oven right now. It smells soooo good.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - karyn - 05-03-2012

We had Quick-Seared Poblano Beef Tips. It was surprisingly delicious! I used NY strip steaks (I'm not going to use filets in what is essentially a quick stew) but other than that this was a definite keeper.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-03-2012

Dinners sound great! I worked on grades and William had his Thursday special, so I did hotdogs.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - Mare749 - 05-03-2012

Kung Pao chicken, jasmine rice, and broccoli.

Re: Thursday Dinner, 5/3??? - Mare749 - 05-04-2012

Quote:

What's on the menu for today??

We're gong here http://greenhousegigharbor.com/ for dinner after we wear ourselves out at the RV show.

Ate a late lunch (or early dinner) at the Tides Tavern here in Gig Harbor - shared a plate of lightly breaded calamari and a huge bowl of Cioppino, both were excellent!! With a great bottle of wine - Four Vines Old Vine Cuvee Zin, 2009.

Just checked this out. Looks like a nice place. I love when they use fresh local ingredients and the menu changes daily. I got to see the lunch and happy hour menus, but the daily chalkboard did not come up. I'll bet that one is quite interesting!