Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? (/showthread.php?tid=135066)

What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - cjs - 04-30-2012

Last day of the month...already!! What's on the menu for everyone??

We're having Grilled Spice-Rubbed pork with Broccoli Rabe.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - Trixxee - 04-30-2012

We're having french dips, romaine salad for Tony and sliced tomatoes & avocado for me.

Jean - the mention of root beer floats got stuck in my head and I wound up having ice cream for lunch. Bad, I know.....but that Haagen Dazs strawberry is oh so good.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-30-2012

William had so much barbecue, and I got to thinking about corn on the cob. It made sense to just have BBQ sandwiches and corn tonight.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - losblanos1 - 04-30-2012

From the newest issue (#93), I'm making the Tandoori chicken thighs with the spinach/raisin rice and asparagus. I goofed up on the marinade, I used one tablespoon of tumeric, it was suppose to be one teaspoon. Will that alter the flavor too much?

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - farnfam - 04-30-2012

I think it will be this or some version of it
http://dinnersforayear.blogspot.com/2009/07/grilled-mexican-chicken-with-tomato.html

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - Mare749 - 04-30-2012

Quote:

From the newest issue (#93), I'm making the Tandoori chicken thighs with the spinach/raisin rice and asparagus. I goofed up on the marinade, I used one tablespoon of tumeric, it was suppose to be one teaspoon. Will that alter the flavor too much?

No idea, but I hope you will let us know if you like it.

Tonight we used up some leftovers, so had a cup of soup, a chopped salad, 1/2 cup each of leftover spaghetti, and grilled turkey burgers. I know, it sounds weird, but it was all good.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - cjs - 04-30-2012

I don't think so, but not real sure, Blane. ...

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - DFen911 - 04-30-2012

Anything soft, mushie and cold. Derek had oral surgery today and is only allowed very soft and cold food for 24 hours. The worst part is he can't do a lot of sugary foods being pre-diabetic. And sure enough most all cold mush foods, yogurt, ice-cream, jello, pudding are all very high in sugar. He gets to start warm foods tomorrow so I can do mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and protein drinks.

For me...no clue probably a hot dog

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-30-2012

Give my best to Derek! Oral surgery is very painful! I hope he makes a speedy recovery!

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 4/30?? - losblanos1 - 04-30-2012

Quote:

No idea, but I hope you will let us know if you like it.

It was delicious! A keeper for sure, even though I messed up the turmeric amount.

[Image: Tandoorichicken1.jpg]