Cuisine at home Forums
A New Mustard - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: A New Mustard (/showthread.php?tid=134765)

A New Mustard - Gourmet_Mom - 04-21-2012

For me anyway. I was just watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives and he was at a sandwich shop. The chef pulled out this mustard for a sliced smoked pork sandwich, I think, that really got my attention. Anyway, I was intrigued by the mustard. The chef called it "caviar". I'm pretty sure this is it. Although it seemed his was even more grainier? It looked and sounded sooooo good! I also found a recipe for how to make it at home.

Have any of you tried this product?

Re: A New Mustard - Mare749 - 04-22-2012

Yes, we have had it, Daphne, but were split on our opinions. I loved it. Ron, not so much. He prefers a smooth mustard.

Re: A New Mustard - cjs - 04-22-2012

I love making mustards - so does Labs!! This is on the list, that's for sure. We love grainy, the grainier th better.

I guess it's the mustard seeds that resemble 'caviar'??

Oh, and I have a couple little pkgs. of thinly sliced smoked 'mock tenderloin' in the freezer - bet the mustard would be delicious with this. Thanks Daphne.

Re: A New Mustard - Harborwitch - 04-22-2012

I made this mustard when we were in ND. We loved it. Had to leave it with cousin Renae - no room.

Re: A New Mustard - Gourmet_Mom - 04-22-2012

So it's good, Sharon? I was torn between making and ordering.

Re: A New Mustard - labradors - 04-22-2012

That DOES sound like a great mixture and it uses the right seeds (I can only get the black/brown here, not the white/yellow). The only thing about which I'm uncertain is the Extra Stout. I HAVE seen SOME Guinness here, but don't know about the Extra Stout. We'll see. Definitely would like to try this one.

Re: A New Mustard - cjs - 04-22-2012

Well.....Labs, I'd think about sending you some Extra Stout - but, it would probably explode before it reached you.

Re: A New Mustard - labradors - 04-22-2012

ROTFL!

Re: A New Mustard - Harborwitch - 04-22-2012

I'd buy first - make sure you like it. Not everyone that tried it liked it.

Re: A New Mustard - Lorraine - 04-23-2012

I love it, I used to buy it in Toronto before I bought a mustard cookbook, then I made my own. He is like Ron, would much prefer smooth mustard. I can get it at specialty stores here, but I find it expensive. Sorry, Sharon, but I say if you have all the ingredients, make a 1/2 batch.