Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? (/showthread.php?tid=134659)

What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - cjs - 04-17-2012

What's on the menu for everyone?

We're having a 'use it up' dish. I braised my ribs the other day in beer and saved the jus after they were done. Then braised some beef sirloin chunks & onions in the jus the next day. I'll thicken it up and have over some noodles.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - karyn - 04-17-2012

I'm not sure...maybe that chicken with almonds that Blane posted about last week.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - Lorraine - 04-17-2012

I've been craving long thick pasta with a simple tomato sauce. Fat chance of getting any thick pasta around here!

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - Trixxee - 04-17-2012

We really liked that chicken, Karyn.

After much deliberation it's tuna sandwiches on a fresh baguette with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Haven't had a tuna sandwich in probably a year.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - farnfam - 04-17-2012

Lorraine, not even Fettucine? They're easiest to make, why not go for it?

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - losblanos1 - 04-17-2012

Quote:

I'm not sure...maybe that chicken with almonds that Blane posted about last week.

I made it again last night, you just can't go wrong with that recipe. So simple & delicious.

Tonight it's "Boy food night", my wife will not be home for dinner, so I'm making the Italian steak sandwich again.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - DFen911 - 04-17-2012

Having leftovers of the prime rib roast. I have 2 more slices left and just enough roasted garlic mashed potatoes. It's so hot here I just don't feel like cooking. It was 88 here today and by Saturday it's suppose to be 94 and 98 on Sunday...it's April! 98 degrees?!?!? I so dread summer

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - losblanos1 - 04-17-2012

Has anyone made this before? It's called a cheesecake fondue bite with red grape relish, Cuisine at Home issue #66. It looks sweet, but is quite savory. I made it before and thought it was really tasty. I had all the ingredients so I added it to my menu today. I was right, it's really delicious.

[Image: Cheesecakefonduebites.jpg]

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - cjs - 04-18-2012

Doesn't look familiar, Blane - but sure does look tasty.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 4/17?? - farnfam - 04-18-2012

I'd love to see the recipe if you have a minute to post it.