Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? (/showthread.php?tid=134410)

What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - cjs - 04-07-2012

What's on the menu for all tonight??

From #4 C@H Grilling book, I'm doing the grill-fired pork steaks, tomato chowchow and rosemary tomato skewers and a few grilled potato planks. And, it's not supposed to rain, so that will be nice grilling w/out rain!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - losblanos1 - 04-07-2012

Not a cloud in the sky here, it looks to be a sunny day. Finally!

From issue #45 my wife is making Saltimbocca game hens. I'm in charge of the side dish which will be Asparagus.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - BarbaraS - 04-07-2012

Potato Crust Quiche.

Barbara

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-07-2012

I'm waiting for OS to get here. I'll let him pick.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - farnfam - 04-07-2012

Think I will do the Easter dinner tonight since Sunday won't work out that well for us. That will be shrimp artichoke skewers the mini lemon meringue cups and not sure about the carb

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - Trixxee - 04-07-2012

We bought some beautiful looking mahi-mahi and marlin (never had marlin) at Costco yesterday so that will go on one of the very nicely maintained grills here at the resort. Grilled asparagus and as the Hawaiians do for almost every meal - steamed rice.

Poke with baby sea asparagus (cutest things you've ever seen) and an assortment of rum cocktails as an appetizer.

We are all going to be on our best behavior tonight though (versus last night when we all acted like a bunch of college students).

That sounds like heaven Trixxee! Have fun!

William brought home venison. I'm torn between PW's Steak Bites and Maryann's idea of using Lorraine's short rib recipe.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - farnfam - 04-07-2012

An anon was looking at the old orzo thread and POOF I knew what our carb will be, orzo risotto ! Found a great Emirile recipe too

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 4/7?? - cjs - 04-07-2012

Oh my, this is a great dinner - and the sun was shining while I was grilling!!! Happy, happy.
[Image: PorkSteakwtomatochowchowandrosemarytomatoes.jpg]

The 4th Grilling book. I think with the l/o pork steak, I'm going to grind it up and make a "patty melt' with it....hmmm, yeah, I thinks so.

Looks wonderful. OS picked the Braised Venison. Grat for me! I got it in the oven and am now enjoy wine on the deck. He's doing the mashed potatoes and peas later....AND the dishes! My HERO!