Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? (/showthread.php?tid=133975)

What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - cjs - 03-28-2012

What's on the menu for today?

We're in for a treat, the culinary program at a local school is putting on a dinner and we're going. I'm trying to get a foot in the door re the scholarships from the sales of Share a Recipe - we've gotten the run around for 4 or 5 years now.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - Mare749 - 03-28-2012

Have a great time, Jean. And good luck with "Share a Recipe." It's a wonderful book that SHOULD be shared, and for a good reason, too.

Dinner tonight is going to be pot roast braised in the gravy from "Lorraine's Short Ribs." I'll probably add some carrots to the pot because Ron just loves them that way, but will make mashed potatoes on the side.

Also, trying a new recipe from King Arthur flour called No-Knead Cheese Burger Buns. I'm sure we will split one with dinner, but the plan is to slice/freeze the rest and use for sandwiches for Ron's lunch.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - HomeCulinarian - 03-28-2012

It's book club night for me. We read The Good Son by Michael Gruber (honestly, I'm only half done and there's no way I can finish it before 6:30). The hostess and her husband are former restaurateurs and always serve a nice meal.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - Trixxee - 03-28-2012

Tonight I'm making a sausage spinach rice bowl from the latest Cooking Light.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - Harborwitch - 03-28-2012

Tonight is going to be the Fish & Chip cakes from the latest issue. I had to photocopy the recipe from Tonya's copy - Bob's never got here. We've emailed them, and we're waiting. . . .

So there! I'm back to normal!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - cjs - 03-28-2012

No-Knead Cheese Burger Buns - those sound dangerous, Maryann!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - Mare749 - 03-28-2012

They are looking real good, too!

Here is the link:http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/no-knead-cheese-burger-buns-recipe

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - losblanos1 - 03-28-2012

Sharon, could you write review on those Fish & Chip cakes? I've got my eye on that recipe.

Tonight, it's Island pork tenderloin with mango salsa, Jasmine rice and asparagus.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - karyn - 03-28-2012

Quote:

Sharon, could you write review on those Fish & Chip cakes? I've got my eye on that recipe.

Yes, please, Sharon.

We're having patty melts tonight. Yum!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/28?? - Harborwitch - 03-28-2012

Quote:

Tonight, it's Island pork tenderloin with mango salsa, Jasmine rice and asparagus.

Well it looks like tomorrow! Work camper party at the club house. Norwegian Sardine Pate & crackers and some left over pasta are going down for the party. Fish cakes tomorrow and I'll review them for certain.