Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? (/showthread.php?tid=133223)

What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - cjs - 03-06-2012

What's on the menu for today??

We're switching it up a little today - noontime will be a bowl of soup and dinner (later) will be a slow-cooker Italian pot roast with cannellini beans from C@H's Slow Cooker book.

Does anyone ever use the fast time for a slow cooker?? I just realized since I have to switch up our eating times today because of the 8-9 hour cooking, it hit me that I never have. huh.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - Harborwitch - 03-06-2012

I use the high heat option on my crockpot - I'll go about 75% or 80% at high and then switch it down to low, depending on how close it is.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - Trixxee - 03-06-2012

It's between carne asada tacos and pinto beans or cheese ravioli with marinara sauce and I think there's either a couple of meatballs or italian sausages in that frozen sauce. Whatever we don't have today we will have tomorrow.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - farnfam - 03-06-2012

Found this in my inbox, perfect for today as I'm babysitting

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker...Recipe&me=1

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - cjs - 03-06-2012

My slow cooker is on its way and it is beginning to smell so good in here. One hour on high and the rest on low - high speed Hanna has to get things going.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - Mare749 - 03-06-2012

Hey Cis, nice to "see" you! Hope you had a fabulous trip.

Jean, I always start my crockpot on high for one hour, then turn to low, just because...

Dinner tonight is beef stroganoff over kluski noodles, roasted veggies on the side.

I really should have edited my earlier question - I have never cooked entirely on HIGH. But, I do start it out on HIGH quite often.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - losblanos1 - 03-06-2012

Tonight, it's chicken parmesan over angel hair pasta and a veggie side.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? - esgunn - 03-06-2012

Jean, I often cook on the high setting. The 4 to 6 hour range is perfect for us. Also my CI Slow Cooker book says to only cook chicken pieces (preferable thighs) on the Low setting only and for 4 to 6 hours. Never longer.

I did not know that, Erin - thanks and good to see you!! We miss you around here, but sure understand with all the gymnists (sp?) in the family. (aren't you glad you didn't have quads?????????????)