Cuisine at home Forums
Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite (/showthread.php?tid=133177)

Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - cjs - 03-05-2012

with spicy pecan butter.

This is delicious - great combinations of flavors. The pecan butter was very interesting. Just toast, toss with salt and cayenne pepper; put in processor until finely chopped then add water to make a nice spreading consistency. That's the only condiment on the sandwich.

[Image: AppleCheesePaniniMar3.jpg]

The bread is homemade English Muffin bread.

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - Lorraine - 03-05-2012

Looks great, Jean. When we do grilled cheese station, apple/cheddar is really popular. Thanks for the butter idea.

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - Mare749 - 03-05-2012

Sounds/looks great. Do you use a panini press, or just put a heavy pan on top?

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - cjs - 03-05-2012

cast iron skillet on top. The darn Panini (Michael Chirello's sp? high priced one ) is stashed away somewhere and I should really get rid of it.

Lorraine, isn't that a neat idea for the pecan spread??

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - Lorraine - 03-05-2012

I love the pecan idea. Folks just love those sandwiches. When I get rich, I'm buying us a big ole panini grill.

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - Gourmet_Mom - 03-05-2012

You know, I have never been able to wrap my brain around apples and cheese? I guess it's part of growing up without cheese and never liking the flavor as a child. I still wouldn't order a cheeseburger or eat yellow cheese plain.

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - losblanos1 - 03-05-2012

Looks delicious! Jean, I'm curious, why did you choose an English muffin bread over the cinnamon-raisin bread?

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - labradors - 03-06-2012

Quote:

You know, I have never been able to wrap my brain around apples and cheese?

When the fruit and cheese trays are out at a party, I'll eat a grape with a cube of cheese, but I've tried cheese on apple pie and it did nothing for me. I didn't dislike it - just didn't see why there was all the fuss.

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - cjs - 03-06-2012

Because that da-- Maryann has me making so much bread lately, that I don't dare make more!!! (I had the Engllish muffin bread on hand)

Oh man, sharp cheddar on warm apple pie is Roy's number 1 favorite dessert; but I've never gotten into it either. Shredded Parm over a fruit platter with a little drizzle of Balsamic, now that's a favorite of mine!!

Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite - Gourmet_Mom - 03-06-2012

Now the parm and balsamic with fruit makes sense! YUM!