Cuisine at home Forums
Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day (/showthread.php?tid=133048)

Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - cjs - 02-29-2012

What's on the menu for everyone??

We're having those miniature waffles using Pillsbury biscuits and ham. Tonight's dinner will be a chili kinda of casserole.

I have to say I have never been in such a horrendous wind and rain storm as last night's. It would build up to such a crescendo (sp?) that we laid there wondering how it would climax....Unbelievable.

And, this was breakfast yesterday - don't know why, but it all just worked for a delicious burger - great grd. beef, thick slice of onion, Swiss cheese, and grainy mustard. Yummy
[Image: BurgerPTbkfastfeb28.jpg]

While we were eating, this beauty went by, a U.S. Naval Supply *****
[Image: USNavySupplyshipfeb28.jpg]

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - cjs - 02-29-2012

For all you campers/RVers - these are the best little 'unmessy' waffles I've ever done in the trailer!!
[Image: DinnerRollWaffles.jpg]

I make a yeast waffle dough that I have to separate and whip the whites and fold into the batter - all the dishes! Ugh!
These are Pillsbury dinner rolls.

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - Trixxee - 02-29-2012

Looks great! We are having goat cheese & basil stuffed chicken, either roasted red potatoes or smashed potatoes and a romaine salad.

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - Old Bay - 02-29-2012

You all have the best view on the forum--just fantastic!!!
We are having eggplant parmasagn and pasta with a Sicilian tomato sauce we made and froze from the star crossed Jeff Smith's book on Italian cooking. Good book. I loved his show, a good cook, and a true food historian. I so hate he had the problem he had. It did kill him I think.

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - losblanos1 - 02-29-2012

Tonight it's all about comfort food. Norwegian meatballs with gravy over chive mashed potatoes with a side of, Hmmmm...ASPARGUS! $1.28lb.
I'm also making an appetizer for work tomorrow, Thai curry chicken salad in phyllo cups.

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - cjs - 02-29-2012

There you go Blane, Norwegian cooking is in!!

Yes, we do have great scenery around here, Bill!!

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - Gourmet_Mom - 02-29-2012

They're serving Brunswick Stew at church tonight. There better be some left after bells! Although, I don't anticipate it being as good as my daddy's.

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - losblanos1 - 02-29-2012

From the latest issue (back in October 2007) . Norwegian Meatballs.

[Image: Norwegianmeatballs.jpg]

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - Trixxee - 03-01-2012

Beautiful! Had to do a search online for that recipe since my issues don't go back that far.

Re: Wed. Dinner, Feb 29 - Leap year day - Gourmet_Mom - 03-01-2012

Yum! I think I may have bought that set. I'll have to check this weekend. They surly do look good!