Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 (/showthread.php?tid=131618)

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - cjs - 01-20-2012

What's for dinner everywhere today??

We're going with a chicken and black bean salad with Ramen noodles.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - HomeCulinarian - 01-20-2012

Leftover leftovers here...

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - Trixxee - 01-20-2012

I'm going to make a chicken & dill dish a friend of mine posted about on FB. Looks very similar to piccata but with dill instead of capers. Not sure about the sides yet - will see what veggies look good and on sale at the store later.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/lemon_dill_chicken.html

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - Harborwitch - 01-20-2012

I have to be in the Pro Shop today. So I'll take down all the stuff and get a white bean & sausage soup going. I can just simmer it all day down there and then bring it home. I love cooking doing there.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - iBcookin - 01-20-2012

Really, you could cook it down there and make it home with any left in the crock pot - I would think everyone would smell the wonderful aroma and feel the need to do some quality checks!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - DFen911 - 01-20-2012

No idea..horrible cold started to settle in yesterday and today my brain feels like jello. So congested...arg. Probably soup. I need to get a pressure canner so I can make my own soup and can it.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - Mare749 - 01-20-2012

I'm working on the Korean Rice Bowl (Bibimbap) and will top it with Korean "Barbecued" Beef (Bulgogi) issue #91. Although the fried egg on top is tempting....will probably have leftover veggies, so maybe we can do that for lunch tomorrow.

Hope you feel better soon, Denise!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - cjs - 01-20-2012

Poor Denise!

I was very pleased with my salad - chix, ramen noodles, black beans, etc., but it does need more crunch so next time I'll add some celery and instead of roasted red peppers I'll use fresh bells.

WARNING - SHAMELESS PLUG FOLLOWING:

[Image: ChickenRamenSaladJan.jpg]
the bread boards work great - this is the Sir Lancelot bread thawed out and it freezes beautifully.

AND -

Candy Bar Fudge is great with Chateau St. Michelle dry Riesling....

[Image: CandyBarFudewShirazandRiesling.jpg]
again served on RRD Woodworking bread boards...................

And, lastly, here a Christmas present I rec'd from Denise - it's so pretty in my kitchen windowsill.
[Image: DenisesStopper.jpg]

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - Gourmet_Mom - 01-20-2012

Steak night! IT'S FRIDAY!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?? 1/20 - BarbaraS - 01-20-2012

Leftover Bouef Bourguignon! It's chilly outside and they're calling for snow which will turn into rain later.

Barbara