Cuisine at home Forums
Oxtails - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Oxtails (/showthread.php?tid=131284)

Oxtails - DFen911 - 01-14-2012

Was so excited to see these at the store today! I have enough for 2 separate meals. For sure I am doing an oxtail soup. So what should my second dish be?

Re: Oxtails - cjs - 01-14-2012

I only have soups/stews with oxtail, Denise – Pho and a Five-Spice one and the rest pretty average. I love oxtail soup. It was a favorite of my mother’s also, so we had it quite often.

Re: Oxtails - labradors - 01-14-2012

Two weeks ago, episode one of How to Cook Like Heston had Oxtail and Kidney Pudding (remember: the word "pudding" has a different meaning in England). I'm not sure how I'd feel about the kidney, but the rest of it sounded good.

He had an interesting trick, as well: reserve some of the sauce then, at serving time, use a syringe to inject some of the sauce into each pudding to give it just that much more extra gooey goodness.

Re: Oxtails - DFen911 - 01-14-2012

Jean what is your recipe? Labs that does sound yummy but for the kidneys. I bet that making that dish I wouldn't even miss em

Re: Oxtails - cjs - 01-14-2012

"at serving time, use a syringe to inject some of the sauce into each pudding to give it just that much more extra gooey goodness." - now that's a good idea, it can be adapted to many dishes. copied!!