Cuisine at home Forums
Zucchini-Crusted Pizza - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Zucchini-Crusted Pizza (/showthread.php?tid=129888)

Zucchini-Crusted Pizza - Mare749 - 12-10-2011

This recipe is from Dana Carpender's book "500 Low Carb Recipes) I made it a while back and it was a good sub for regular pizza, especially if you use flavorful toppings.
I just used regular soy flour (Bob's Red Mill) when I made it since it was available. However, for anyone who doesn't watch their carbs that closely, I'm sure that it would bake up fine with AP flour.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Zucchini-Crusted Pizza
Serves 4

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 1/2 cups zucchini -- shredded
3 whole eggs
1/3 cup rice protein powder or soy powder
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese -- shredded
1/2 cup Parmasan chees -- grated
pinch or two of dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
oil
1 cup pizza sauce
Toppings as desired (sausage, pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Sprinkle the zucchini with a little salt, and let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes. Put it in a strainer and press out excess moisture. Beat together the strained zucchini, eggs, protein powder, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper.

Spray a 9X13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread the zucchini mixture in it. Bake for 25 minutes or until firm. Brush with a little oil, and broil it for about 5 minutes until it's golden. Spread on the piza sauce, then add the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and other toppings. (If you are using vegetables as toppings, you may want to saute them a bit first)

Bake for another 25 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.

Description:
"This is like a some-what-more-substantial quiche on the bottom and pizza on top."

Re: Zucchini-Crusted Pizza - Gourmet_Mom - 12-10-2011

Wow! This is cool! I'll have to see what William thinks about this one.

Re: Zucchini-Crusted Pizza - cjs - 12-10-2011

copied - thanks, Maryann.