Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 (/showthread.php?tid=126969)

Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - cjs - 09-22-2011

What's on the menu for today?

I'm making something with 3/4 lb. leftover crab...........

Also, trying an 18 hour bread that has been 'staling' (a word?) for 2 days. I added sugar, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, mace and nutmeg and now will use it to make "waffles" out of the bread slices. We'll see.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - Trixxee - 09-22-2011

So utterly boring here - leftover pot roast, mashed potatoes and corn. This weekend I hope to make some things that are a little more exciting. A friend of mine really wants me to try a vietnamese grilled pork tenderloin salad she's made a couple of times now.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - Lorraine - 09-22-2011

Trixxee, that might be ours also. Making Wine Jelly today, so I need something fast and easy.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - Mare749 - 09-22-2011

I'm thinking about making chicken caesar salad, but that's subject to change.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - farnfam - 09-22-2011

Umm, maybe something with Tilapia, but I don't know what ???

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - Gourmet_Mom - 09-22-2011

I'm by myself tonight and sick. At least I got out of working the football game. I was going to make shrimp, but since William isn't eating here tonight, I picked up one of those pasta dinners in a bag. I've got tomato soup I can make as a back up plan, just in case it's nasty.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - Lorraine - 09-22-2011

Hope you're feeling better! Our leftover Texas Caviar morphed into Tortilla Soup. It's smelling great!

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - Gourmet_Mom - 09-22-2011

Thanks, Lorraine. That's an interesting transformation....LOL!

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - cjs - 09-22-2011

tomorrow's Friday - Daphne!! Don't get sick now.

I'm so tickled - the 18-hour spiced bread made wonderful waffles!! What a great way to use up 2 day old rustic bread.

[Image: 18-HourBreadWaffles1.jpg]

I bet this will really be good with plain artisan bread, too.

Re: Thursday's Dinner?? 9/22 - Harborwitch - 09-22-2011

Everything sounds so good. I hope you feel better Daphne. Jean those "waffles" look and sound amazing! Those would make a nice bacon sandwich.

We're meeting some of the other work campers at the bowling alley for dinner. I'd planned a nice dinner since it was my day off 0- but they're all heading south in the next 10 days or so we're going to go.