Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/28?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/28?? (/showthread.php?tid=124694)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/28?? - cjs - 07-28-2011

What's on everyone's menu for today?

Daphne sent me over to Pioneer Woman the other day and I saw a picture of her zucc/crookneck pizza that looked delicious, and my zucc/crooknecks need to be picked, so pizza tonight!! Started the 'sourdough' dough yesterday, I'm ready to go.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/28?? - Harborwitch - 07-28-2011

We didn't get to the chili prawns last night - there was a tournament and I pulled another shift in the kitchen right after the Pro Shop. Long day.

Chili Prawns tonight with fried noodles with veggies.

I think I'll make up the pizza dough today for tomorrow and see what the new veggie stand has for pizza.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/28?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-28-2011

I need to make up some pizza dough to take with me. I have so much to do, I may just toss some hot dogs on the grill later.

Jean, that one does look good! It's a lot like the one Sharon posted the other day. That was the second favorite last weekend after the Truffle Dough Pizza. That one's hard to beat...LOL! I like the addition of the mozzarella on hers. I'll probably be making that one next week.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/28?? - iBcookin - 07-28-2011

Oh-oh Sharon . . . sounds like my days!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/28?? - Harborwitch - 07-28-2011

LOL Linda! It's all fun! There's another tournament this weekend - we're both hoping for some hours. I think I'll be helping Tonya with the prep for a ladies event next week. We really have fun in the kitchen!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/28?? - esgunn - 07-29-2011

I made another recipe from the Simple Art of Eating Well. It was again very good. Coconut Lime Chicken and Snow Peas It was very light and good for a hot summer day. Too bad it was just a mildy nice summer day.

I made a couple of changes. I did not have red cabbage so left it out. I did not have light coconut milk so used regular. I had snap peas instead of snow peas. I really liked it. Most of the sauce is a cooking sauce that does not get consumed so I do not see much difference in using regular coconut milk. I would have liked the chicken cooking method served over rice. Oh my, all that sauce soaked up into the rice. Delish. As is it was, a very light and refreshing meal.