Cuisine at home Forums
Calling for sangria recipes, please - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Calling for sangria recipes, please (/showthread.php?tid=122631)

Calling for sangria recipes, please - carolekv - 06-06-2011

Hey there! If you have a favorite sangria recipe, please share. I'm going to a party soon and have been asked to bring some. I've never made it before. But I'd prefer a recipe that is light and refreshing versus one that uses a sweeter, fuller wine. Thanks!!!

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - cjs - 06-06-2011

You know, that's one summer favorite that has never been a favorite of mine. I remember years ago discussing it on an old forum and there was a recipe everyone really liked, but doing a search for it I could not find it.

Hopefully someone will stop by with the perfect ideas for you!!

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - carolekv - 06-06-2011

Yes, it's funny, it's not really one of my favorites either which is why I have never made it. But I am hoping to figure out some recipe that will become something I do enjoy! It's usually just too sweet and heavy for me - I need light and fresh drinks for summer. Thanks!

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - HomeCulinarian - 06-06-2011

There is a white sangria recipe in Issue 46 that is really good. I made it for a summer party a couple of years ago and everyone liked it.

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - Gourmet_Mom - 06-06-2011

It seems odd to say, being a Southerner, but I don't watch the Neely's on FN, because their dialect drives me crazy. But I had the channel on Saturday and perked up when they started talking about frozen grapes. They were making a Sangria with them. It was made with grapes, apples, lemons, white grape juice white wine, and vodka. The frozen grapes were a garnish. I don't care for the stuff either, but this one really got my attention. I'm glad you mentioned this so I could go copy it to try. Here's a link: Frozen Grape Sangria

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - karyn - 06-06-2011

We like the white sangria recipe as well. It's really tasty! However, when I asked the wine guy at Whole Foods what wine he'd recommend for sangria, he suggested the Gran Vina Sangria that they carry. It comes in a wine bottle, and is really tasty and easy. We usually add cut up fruit to give it that sangria experience, but it's good just over ice, too. Here's a picture:

[Image: tmb_Sangria_Gran_Vina.jpg]

It's pretty inexpensive, too...

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - Lorraine - 06-07-2011

It's really popular here this year, and folks seem to want it at weddings. We had leftover fruit salad one day, so added it to a semi dry white wine, with a bit of sparkling water. It was very refreshing, and the fruit soaked up the alcohol. Last week he tried a new one, equal parts peach wine and lemonade, really good and refreshing.

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - Old Bay - 06-07-2011

My favorite sangria-----

1 bottle burgundy (pinot noir)
1 10oz bottle soda
1/2C brandy
1&1/2 oz triple sec
3T sugar
Juice of 2 oranges, 1 lemon, and 1 lime
1 8oz bottle maraschino cherries, drained
lemon, orange, and lime slices
Mix first six ingredients in a glass pitcher. Garnish with slices and cherries. Can be done several days ahead, just add the soda before serving.

From the Austin Jr. League, Necessities and Temptations.

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - cjs - 06-07-2011

Aha! copied and filed, Lorraine - I have fruit leftover sometimes and now I can do something constructive with it instead of gobbling it down! thanks.

Re: Calling for sangria recipes, please - DFen911 - 06-07-2011

Serves 16

Peach Sangria

1/4 cup peach schnapps
1/4 cup cognac
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 oranges, sliced into rounds
1 mango, peeled and sliced
2 (750 milliliter) bottles dry white wine, chilled
1/2 liter ginger ale, chilled

In a pitcher, combine peach schnapps, cognac, sugar, sliced oranges and sliced mangos. Chill for at least an hour.
Pour fruit mixture into a large punch bowl. Stir in white wine and ginger ale.