Cuisine at home Forums
Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book (/showthread.php?tid=121678)

Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - piano226 - 05-18-2011

HI

A few days ago I made the Old fashioned Chicken noodle soup. We really liked it but both agreed that if I used my own homemade chicken broth it would be much much better.

Yesterday I made the Coconut-Tomato chicken with shrimp. We both loved it. The flavors are great. Would be a good dish to serve for a casual dinner. I would give it a solid 8 on a scale of 1-10.

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - luvnit - 05-18-2011

Thanks for the reviews! I will have to check out this book. We do eat a lot of chicken and need more ways to prepare it.

The coconut tomato chicken shrimp thing sounds interesting. I love coconut.

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - Mare749 - 05-18-2011

Thanks you for posting your reviews. I agree, chicken soup is always better with homemade broth. The other dish sounds good too. I'm thinking that I will probably order this book anyway as it sounds like there are plenty of good recipes.

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - karyn - 05-18-2011

I love it when people post reviews. Thanks so much!

I've been looking for this book, but haven't seen it around. I plan on picking it up when I do see it. A collection of good chicken recipes is never a bad thing!

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - cjs - 05-18-2011

Tomato, coconut soup???? That does sound good!! thanks. I guess I'll have to get this one, too.

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - piano226 - 05-18-2011

Hi Jean,

It is not a soup it is more like a stew with the most aromatic and delicious gravy. The side dish that goes with it is coconut rice that I did not make. I just made plain rice.

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - foodfiend - 05-18-2011

Oh yes, the Coconut Tomato Chicken w/ Shrimp sounds right up our alley! Without seeing the recipe, I imagine that it's "Thai- like"? I'll have to look for that edition. Thanks, Marina!

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - cjs - 05-18-2011

Well then, Marina, that's right up my alley - I prefer 'stewlike' soup.

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - piano226 - 05-18-2011

Let me know if you guys want the recipe...i will type it in

Re: Two reviews from the new Chicken Book - labradors - 05-18-2011

Quote:

Tomato, coconut soup???? That does sound good!! thanks. I guess I'll have to get this one, too.

Don't forget to try THIS ONE sometime, too. Very yummy. Hard to believe it's already been a year since I first made it. Need to make it again, once I'm done with several other projects and experiments.