Cuisine at home Forums
Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" (/showthread.php?tid=121639)

Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - foodfiend - 05-16-2011

from Karyn's birthday dinner
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...ge=3#Post120933

I finally got around to making (only) the scallops over the weekend. It was so warm outside (I had spent most of the day moving shrubs), and I did not have the sweet potatoes that I thought I had, so I decided to make a salad.

[Image: IMG_2572.jpg]

It was wonderful and is such a perfect summer dinner. he only change I made was to add some chopped red bell pepper to the salsa.

Thanks so much for Karyn for bringing my attention to this recipe-- it will be repeated often in the next few months.

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - labradors - 05-16-2011

Cool! Great colour, Vicci.

I still say it would be great to use fish, instead of scallops and then to use it for fish tacos.

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - cjs - 05-17-2011

I think this was a choice we all really enjoyed. Hope you'll try the sweet potatoes next time, Vicci, they just made the dish.

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - karyn - 05-17-2011

I love the salad idea, and your photo is gorgeous!

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - Trixxee - 05-17-2011

Beautiful!

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - Mare749 - 05-17-2011

Agreed! Very pretty and appetizing!

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - Gourmet_Mom - 05-17-2011

I agree on the fish. That's what I'm using next time. I also agree that the sweet potatoes were wonderful! I'll probably make mine like this next time. It looks beautiful, Vicci!

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - Trixxee - 05-17-2011

I think I'm going to try to get to these on Friday night. Friday deserve something special!

On the mint - how much did you all buy? Was one of the fresh herb containers that usually cost around $2.60 enough or do I need to buy two? Between the scallops, salsa and potatoes it seems like one may not be enough.

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - foodfiend - 05-17-2011

Trixxee, mint has such a strong flavor, and is so horrendously expensive buying it in those little packages, that I would say to get only one. But I'll acquiesce to the opinion of anyone who has bought it at the grocery store. Mine is growing like weeds. I wish you lived closer, I would mail you some!

I will definitely make this recipe with tilapia next... and the fish tacos idea is a wonderful one, Labs!

I went to buy sweet potatoes yesterday to make the accompanying recipe and they all looked horrible-- wrinkled and soft or moldy. Is it the end of sweet potato season? Or just a bad selection at that certain store?

Re: Another way to serve those "mojito scallops" - Gourmet_Mom - 05-17-2011

Vicci, we have sweet potatoes here all the time, but the season is late summer/early fall here....just like regular potatoes. I can't imagine seeing sweet potatoes such as you describe. I would be glad to send you some.