Cuisine at home Forums
Iron Chef (SPOILER ALERT FROM DAPHNE) - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Iron Chef (SPOILER ALERT FROM DAPHNE) (/showthread.php?tid=120357)

Iron Chef (SPOILER ALERT FROM DAPHNE) - Gourmet_Mom - 04-17-2011

Interesting! I'm not very familiar with different applications for RADISH, so this should be enlightening for me. I thought the bio presented about the challenger, Chef Vitaly Paley, was very interesting as well. He battles Chef Garces. I hope to learn more about this veggie. I know some of you really like it, so I thought I'd let you know this was the challenge, so you could set your recorders!

Don't forget, no discussion about the outcome until everyone has a chance to watch. (But how will we know?) Shall we give it a week?

Side note: Michael Ruhlman is one of the judges!

Re: Iron Chef - Harborwitch - 04-17-2011

I'm hoping that we're going to catch it tonight! Love love love radishes!!!

Re: Iron Chef - Gourmet_Mom - 04-18-2011

I never knew you could cook them, and they would loose their bitterness and take on a sweetness. I can't wait to try this.

Re: Iron Chef - cjs - 04-18-2011

I was really hesitant to open this thread! We did tape it last night and will watch it tonight or tomorrow.

How about you guys who have watched it start your conversation and as we watch it we can continue reading the thread? I know when I hold off, I lose a lot of my train of thoughts I want to remember.....

So go ahead and talk and I'll put a warning in your thread title, Daphne, o.k.?? I'll be back to join you in the a.m.

DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IS YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THIS EPISODE!!!

Re: Iron Chef - Gourmet_Mom - 04-18-2011

To be honest, I want to watch again and take down some notes. I was surprised to see radish as the secret ingredient. I didn't realize it could be used in anything other than salads or slaws. Not to mention the variety of the veggie....eleven....really? The watermelon radish is a beautiful thing. I hope to be able to find some of the other varieties other than the regular one we all know of.

Re: Iron Chef - cjs - 04-18-2011

I love working with radishes, Daphne, anxious to see this one.

Re: Iron Chef - cjs - 04-19-2011

What a fun episode this one was, altho my favorite I. chef got beaten, love Chef Garces.

I'm so enthalled with the idea of radish sorbet and radish sangria. I'm going to look for some of those radishes to grow.

Also, Chef Paley being in Portland, we can grab Houseboat Don the next time we there and check it out.

Re: Iron Chef - Old Bay - 04-19-2011

I have to try the sorbet!!

Re: Iron Chef - Gourmet_Mom - 04-19-2011

I know, the judges went on and on about the sorbet. Got my attention. I would have never imagined. But the other things they did with them were so interesting. Jean, I wondered how convenient his restaurant would be for you. I was most intrigued by his restaurant and philosophy of food.

Re: Iron Chef - cjs - 04-19-2011

I think it would be fun to visit - I shot off an email to Don...