Cuisine at home Forums
C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies (/showthread.php?tid=119712)

C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - cjs - 04-01-2011

I'm just about out of soup in the freezer, so time to start stocking up again. I've made so many from this book, I want to try some new ones.

Has anyone made the Chicken Curry on page 65? The add on is a mango salad. Looks really good.

Also, the Kung Pao shrimp soup on page 45, looks interesting...haven't made either. The add on is just an enhanced Asian broth. has anyone?

Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - HomeCulinarian - 04-01-2011

The Kung Pao Shrimp soup is very good! Haven't tried the Chicken Curry, though.

Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - Harborwitch - 04-01-2011

Whine! I don't have this book. Kung Pao shrimp soup sounds like something wonderful.

Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - Gourmet_Mom - 04-01-2011

"Kung Pao shrimp soup" That does sound good. It's not supposed to return to Spring again for another week. I may have to check that one out myself.

Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - Mare749 - 04-01-2011

I love the sound of that one, too. Not so sure I would freeze it though. Might make the shrimp tough?

Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - cjs - 04-02-2011

Some I freeze and some we just go through. And, it is such darn soup weather here. We finally had to install a grow light in the green house, the poor lettuce was not going to make it with no light. But, the peas have 'pea pods' on them!

Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - Mare749 - 04-02-2011

The chicken curry soup sounds good. Did you make it yet?

Re: C@H's Soups, Stews & Chilies - cjs - 04-02-2011

No, I worked on the winery deal the last couple days and I'm giving a big 'formal' dinner party next Sat. night testing out '200 Small Plates' recipes. But, I should get a couple of soups ready anyway, we're going to need some easy/fast meals.