Cuisine at home Forums
Chef Apprentice Scholarships - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Chef Apprentice Scholarships (/showthread.php?tid=119582)

Chef Apprentice Scholarships - cjs - 03-30-2011

Just read thru the finalist for the scholarship that Chef4Students and Reluctant Gourmet are giving out next month - I think this batch was the hardest to choose between, what a wonderful group of young (and not so young ) cooks.

The cooking world is in wonderful hands if this group is a guage of the up and coming. Congratulations to them all.

You can keep up on them by going to Dave Nelson's Chefs4Students site

www.chefs4students.org

Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships - Gourmet_Mom - 03-30-2011

Jean, you missed the s...here's the site:

Chefs4Students

But Jean, have this year's students been selected? I don't see it, if it's there.

Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships - cjs - 03-30-2011

We're just voting now. and what a group they are!!

Thanks Daphne for straightening me out.

Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships - Gourmet_Mom - 03-30-2011

Okay...I get it! I'll be watching to learn more about them! What an exciting opportunity!

Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships - DFen911 - 03-30-2011

Do they have to write papers along with doing a cooking demo? What is the criteria?

I would love to read their papers if that is permissible. What a wonderful organization to be part of!

Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships - cjs - 03-31-2011

No, no hands on testing. They have to be enrolled in a culinary program and have a certain GPA (I think), and a couple other requirements. Not sure what all the criteria is. Chefs4Students gives $1,000.oo scholarships.

I was lucky enough to present a couple of them, one to a gal at Greystone in Napa (that Share a Recipe cookbook had raised the money for!!! ) and one to an apprentice going to Le Cordon Bleu in Las Vegas. What fun they both were.