Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? (/showthread.php?tid=116129)

Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - cjs - 01-29-2011

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm thinking of the rice taco Sharon mentioned last week - can't get it out of my mind...or, I still have my acorn squash for the black bean stuffing thing. decisions.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - farnfam - 01-29-2011

Found some langostinos in the freezer, so something with that. Not sure what yet, maybe that seafood pot pie? Anyone remember what issue that was? Open for suggestions

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - BarbaraS - 01-29-2011

Filets with Port Wine sauce. Potato for hubby, clammies in butter, garlic, onion, white wine and bacon for me. Salads on the side.

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - Harborwitch - 01-29-2011

We are going up to daughter Laurie's this afternoon.

A new Penzeys has opened on the way up so it's going to be a fun trip.

She's thawed out a boneless less of lamb (from a lamb the Granddaughters raised!), we'll do something with that, a couscous salad, some bread, and ????? we'll see what's fresh.

It's going to be fun!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - cjs - 01-29-2011

"Filets with Port Wine sauce. Potato for hubby, clammies in butter, garlic, onion, white wine and bacon for me. Salads on the side" - Good Lord, everyone to Barbara's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"seafood pot pie? " - sounds familiar, but can't remember....

Is this it???
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post43889

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - farnfam - 01-29-2011

Thanx, Jean, that looks like it

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - Trixxee - 01-29-2011

An oldie but a goodie from Epicurious. However we will grill the salmon. Not sure about the side other than the spinach. Maybe just some steamed rice.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Javanese-Roasted-Salmon-and-Wilted-Spinach-107073

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - HomeCulinarian - 01-29-2011

Everything sounds good! We're going to Hubby's office party tonight... They've hired a band, so there'll be dancing. not looking forward to the food, though. It's at a banquet hall not known for good eats.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - BarbaraS - 01-29-2011

Quote:

"Filets with Port Wine sauce. Potato for hubby, clammies in butter, garlic, onion, white wine and bacon for me. Salads on the side" - Good Lord, everyone to Barbara's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the good thing is, I haven't commited clammacide!! So far, they all look good to be steamed. But I did have to throw one out as it was cracked on arrival.

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner, What's Up? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-29-2011

"clammies in butter, garlic, onion, white wine and bacon for me." Barbara, I like the way you think! That's my kind of side!

I'm actually going to get to do Lab's Dinner Review on time after all! That's what's for dinner tonight!