Cuisine at home Forums
What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? (/showthread.php?tid=115610)

What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - cjs - 01-20-2011

Well, we should be home mid-afternoon. I've never wanted to be home so bad in all our traveling days!!!

What's on the menu for everyone?

Us? who knows.....

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - Trixxee - 01-20-2011

Both a friend of mine and I are going to try this recipe I found at Noble Pig. The picture looks too good to pass up. I'll probably make some broccolini as pictures and some steamed rice.

http://noblepig.com/2008/10/22/no-mad-skills-required.aspx

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - HomeCulinarian - 01-20-2011

Trixxee - that does look good!

I'm planning to have some beef and broccoli stirfry. Also going to make a batch of Red Chili from the Soups book for Friday night dinner.

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - Harborwitch - 01-20-2011

I was planning on the seafood chowder in the new Cuisine Lite. That chicken looks awfully good though.

But the cod is ready so chowder, biscuits, and salad.

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - Trixxee - 01-20-2011

I shall report back on how it turned out!

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - karyn - 01-20-2011

That chicken does look good. I'm looking forward to your review, Trixxee!

We're having pizza. Mine with lots of veggies, John's with pesto and sausage.

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-20-2011

Oh dear! If my dinner wasn't already in the crockpot, I'd be making that, Trixxee! I'll be picking up some chicken thighs and green onions.

I raced home to put the Classic Pot Roast in the Crockpot. I would typically have had William put it on this morning before he left, but he was leaving early, and I didn't want it to over cook. I had no idea he'd get home early to turn it off.

Oh well, I've got to go judge senior projects in a minute and he's got Bible study and won't get home until about 9. So I guess we'll see if it will get as tender on high for 4-5 hours instead of low for 6-7 hours. I'll get home in time to put the taters on so everything will be ready when he gets through the door. I hate eating this late, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - HomeCulinarian - 01-20-2011

Daphne - we had the classic pot roast last week - It was really good!

My new crockpot cooks hotter than my old one. I put it on low - 10 hour cook - and things are done in about 6 hours; so I always start the recipes at noon.

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - chef_Tab - 01-20-2011

I had filling leftover from Jean's stuffed squash recipe so I am winging it and putting it between two layers of corn tortillas with grated cheese. The little quesadillas are baking in the oven now. We'll have some beer, but I wish it was margueritas

Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-20-2011

Speaking of margaritas....Theresa, have you ever tried Jean's Brendaritas? OMG!