Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? (/showthread.php?tid=115062)

What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - cjs - 01-10-2011

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm finally making Bill's Tortilla Soup.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-10-2011

We're having chili and cornbread. It's snowing like crazy! Twice in two weeks....it's nuts! I just hope the prediction of freezing rain tonight is over exaggerated.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - HomeCulinarian - 01-10-2011

We've got snow in our forecast for tonight...

I making the pot roast recipe from the CAH Slowcooker book.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - karyn - 01-10-2011

I don't know what we're having, and I have all day to decide what to make...We're SNOWED IN! I don't remember this many snows in one winter in the 15 years we've lived here, and we've NEVER been snowed in before.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - cjs - 01-10-2011

Can't believe the weather you all are having!!

It's CRAZY! We never have this much snow, much less twice in two weeks. I can count on my hands how many times it's snowed this much in my lifetime. Now this?!?!?

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - Trixxee - 01-10-2011

In anticipation of "big" homework for Michael and him trying to get back into the swing of school and resisting it , Tony wants something quick and simple to make - french dips and salad. Sounds good to me.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - luvnit - 01-10-2011

Well I just got back from the grocery store and guess what, it is snowing! Again! I love the snow, but I hate traveling in it.

Tonight we are having that Grape Pickers Skillet Meal. Although there was no Guryer(sp?) cheese. So it will have to be gouda or muenster.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday 1/10? - Mare749 - 01-10-2011

That Grape Picker's Skillet does look good. Let us know, Laura.

We're having leftover venison roast that I made on Saturday. Since I cooked it on a bed of onions, I just added some gravy mix to the pan for a nice goopy onion gravy. The roast turned out surprisingly tender and tasty. Ron wants it over egg noodles tonight.

Laura, hold your review! Lab's picked that one for his Birthday Dinner Review scheduled for January 31st. I've got my reservations about the cooking time, though. A whole hour at 450?