Cuisine at home Forums
Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! (/showthread.php?tid=114936)

Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - farnfam - 01-08-2011

Making eggplant tonite using this recipe http://www.chefwanabe.com/2010/12/eggplant-and-harissa-sandwich/

wanted to make a nice ciabatta for it and came upon THIS:

http://twospoons.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/cheaters-ciabatta/

seemed like 18hr bread in so many ways and yet really fast. They're in the oven right now and looking sooooo good. Will let you know the final verdict

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - cjs - 01-08-2011

I think you are too, Cis - I think I could do this in the trailer, too.

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - luvnit - 01-08-2011

Can't wait to hear about it!

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - Gourmet_Mom - 01-08-2011

My word...that all looks sooooo good! I wish William liked eggplant. But I'll be trying that bread. I too have been searching for that kind of holey bread.

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - Mare749 - 01-08-2011

Wow, you really are on to something! That sandwich looks fantastic. Thanks for the websites, Cis!

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - farnfam - 01-08-2011

The bread came out terrifficc!! We loved it. Alot like 18hr bread, crisp outside, could have been a tad more holey but I may have ran it a tweak to long in the FP. I took pix of the loaves but I'm having trouble getting them to load.
The sandwiches were wonderful too, what a great meal
I will be making this again!

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - Harborwitch - 01-08-2011

That's like the "Speedy No-Knead" bread.

Jean do you have a "real" oven in the trailer??? We've just got that micro/covect. thing and it is incapable of baking a really great loaf of bread. Grrrrr

Eggplant looks wonderful though.

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - cjs - 01-09-2011

Cis, did you mix your dough in a food processor (FP)??

Yes, Sharon, we have a regular stove w/oven - it's a pretty good one, for an RV model.

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - farnfam - 01-09-2011

Yes, I always use food processor. I just pulse it a few times for 18hr bread, and I should have done that for this one as well for more holes. It was still some of the best bread I've done
Also, for anyone interested, I egg dipped and breaded the eggplant and oven fried it on sheet sprayed with olive oil. It was crispy and good. I made a spread out of my cheeses and spread on the bread, layered on the eggplant, and topped with the spicy sauce. Heaven!.......and there were leftovers YUM

Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! - cjs - 01-09-2011

I have mine going now - I had exactly enough flour to do 1/2 batch using w.w. to coat the board. Can't get much easier than this recipe. I mixed in the processor for ~30 seconds.

Got to do that eggplant also, sounds so good. Thanks Cis.

Just took it out of the oven - haven't tasted it yet, but sure smells good. Not as dark as I would have liked, but with the sleezy oven, I'll take it!!
[Image: CIMG0250.jpg]

Now, we're in big trouble - no biggie to make fresh bread in the trailer.......