Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? (/showthread.php?tid=114928)

What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - cjs - 01-08-2011

What's on the menu for tonight for everyone?

Maybe I'll get some ideas from you all.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - chef_Tab - 01-08-2011

I put a pork shoulder in the crock pot yesterday so we had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. Tonight I will make enchiladas with some of the leftover pulled pork. As a side, avacado and orange salsa.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - Mare749 - 01-08-2011

I didn't use the venison roast yesterday, (it wasn't thawed enough) so will use it today. At the moment, it's marinading in some wine. I'm thinking of studding it with some garlic cloves, then wrapping in bacon to roast.

Ron won't be home until later tonight, so I have plenty of time to play. We're getting a good dose of snow right now, so I'm planning to stay in.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-08-2011

I'm going to stick to my resolution to get back to meal planning. Off to peruse some magazines and cookbooks. I'll get back with you later.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - Old Bay - 01-08-2011

The weekend shakes out like this --panninis one day for brunch--sauteed cod one evening and a green chili chicken enchalada casserole for the other dinner. One brunch is still up in the air. Bloody bulls both days.

Roy I know you had a bloody this morning--you and Jean have one (or 2?) tomorrow morning with Jane and I. We'll toast the future, or whatever!!

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - luvnit - 01-08-2011

It is leftover night in our house. Leftover snacks, lasagna and soup. Sounds boring, but everything is great!

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - Trixxee - 01-08-2011

At this point it's looking like tilapia loins (love the thick loins from Costco) with an herbed buerre blanc, rice pilaf and a romaine salad.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - cjs - 01-08-2011

Took some halibut out of the freezer. Help - give me some ideas for different seasoning.....please.

Good breakfast tho - Grilled ham, waffles and banana - drizzled some maple syrup inside the banana and topped with some of Barbara's delicious sugared peacans.

[Image: CIMG0245.jpg]

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - farnfam - 01-08-2011

Jean, got any lemon basil? that goes good with fish

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-08-2011

I wound up with some lemon pepper panko recently that's pretty good. When I checked MC, a lemon Parmesan idea jumped out. You might check MC. There were several that sounded good, but a lot included a cream sauce, and I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for.