Cuisine at home Forums
Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=114619)

Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - cjs - 01-04-2011

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're having chicken florentine mid-day and Nachos for late night - thanks to the wonderful chips and 'goop' from Allison (cheesemonger) for Christmas.

Went to a Mexican restaurant the other night and had Carnitas and Carne Asada - wow, were they ever big dishes, so had scraped all the l/os together in a take home pkg. Yesterday, I minced all the meat up and mixed all together (rice, beans, tomato, etc)with couple eggs and a little panko. Now I have 6 nice patties that I'm baking two of for breakfast today. They look delicious, hope they taste as good as they look. With an egg on top.

Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - chef_Tab - 01-04-2011

I love Mexican food for breakfast! Sometimes I just reheat refried beans and put an egg on top. Sounds great, Jean.

ooops, forgot to mention dinner for tonight. I am making a soup with chicken sausage (chipotle chirizo), potato, kale, and black eyed peas. Corn bread on the side. The leftovers will be good for lunch if I start my job.....still waiting for the formal offer and start date.

Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - cjs - 01-04-2011

Theresa, it's so good to have you back on with us all!!! Welcome home!

Forgot to mention, I picked up a pkg. of oxtail the other day and I've never seen it sliced before. Guess I'll make some crockpot soup in the next couple days and see what it is exactly....

Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - Trixxee - 01-04-2011

We love Mexican for breakfast as well!

I'm doing something I never do - cornish game hens. I'm hoping the skin will be nice and brown and crispy. Red smashed potatoes and steamed carrots on the side.

Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - Mare749 - 01-04-2011

Talking about Mexican food reminded me that I have two containers of enchilidas in the freezer. So, we'll have that and a side of red beans and rice along with a small salad with salsa and guac.

Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - HomeCulinarian - 01-04-2011

Either chicken florentine or spaghetti and meatballs. I'll see what I feel like eating when I get home from work today.

Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - cjs - 01-04-2011

Oh my - if anyone has leftovers from Carnitas and Carne Asada Mexican dinners, you might mince the meat and add everything else from the plate plus a couple eggs, little panko and minced onion and make some patties - these were great!

[Image: CIMG0226.jpg]

I don't know where my head is. I specifically printed this "light" cheesy cauliflower recipe last night to make with the game hens and forgot about it already.

http://foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2010/04/cheesy-cauliflower-bake-with-crunchy.html

That looks delicious, jean!

Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? - luvnit - 01-04-2011

Yes that does look good Jean. Yum!

Well I am cooking the bones from our Prime Rib the other night to make stock. I have two nice slabs of left over meat and plan to make the Mushroom Barley Soup from the Soups and Stews book of C@H. Adding cut up prime rib for added goodness.

I will make the side of the cucumber dill cream cheese sandwiches to go as a side.

I love this combo together.

Our washing machine is getting fixed today (hopefully) so tonight will be laundry night. A nice pot of soup will be just the thing for a busy evening.