Cuisine at home Forums
Creamy Parmesan Dressing - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Creamy Parmesan Dressing (/showthread.php?tid=114429)

Creamy Parmesan Dressing - Old Bay - 01-01-2011

Denise, this is for Derek. Yields two cups.

3 large eggs, room temp.
1 & 1/2t minced garlic
3/4t salt
3/4t white pepper
1 & 1/2 t worcestershire sauce
1/4C fresh lemon juice
2 oz or 1/2C freshly grated parmesan cheese
1C veg oil

Process first 7 ingredients and with machine running drizzle in oil until blended. It will be smooth and pale. Really good on romaine sprinkled with croutons. From Stop & Smell the Rosemary (Houston Jr. League).

Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing - DFen911 - 01-01-2011

Thank you Bill!! Ok reading the ingredients and this will be perfect. The other ones I found were mayo based or sourcream based. And I don't do well with dairy. The cheese I'll be ok with because it's not a huge amount.

I wonder what chicken would taste like roasted in this...

Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing - cjs - 01-01-2011

good

Oh, and I have the book also!!

Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing - cheesemonger - 01-04-2011

Hi Denise! If your dairy problem is specifically with the lactose, aged cheeses like parmesan should be ok. The lactose is converted into lactic acid during the aging process. I always tell people that I'm no doctor and don't know if there are other factors that affect them. But maybe this will help.

Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing - Old Bay - 01-04-2011

Quote:

Hi Denise! If your dairy problem is specifically with the lactose, aged cheeses like parmesan should be ok. The lactose is converted into lactic acid during the aging process. I always tell people that I'm no doctor and don't know if there are other factors that affect them. But maybe this will help.

You sound like a chemist, not to mention that you are correct!!

Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing - luvnit - 01-04-2011

Oh Yeah, Yum! We will try this!

Re: Creamy Parmesan Dressing - cjs - 01-05-2011

"I always tell people that I'm no doctor" - but, do you play one on television??? (Hi Allison, good to see you!)