Cuisine at home Forums
If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... (/showthread.php?tid=113760)

If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - foodfiend - 12-22-2010

here are a couple of recipes that I can heartily recommend.

Cran-tini

• 1/2 cup rum, well chilled
• 1/2 cup cranberry juice, well chilled
• 1/2 cup triple sec
• 1/2 cup cranberry liqueur, well chilled
• juice of 1 lime
• lime slices, fresh cranberries to garnish

1. In a shaker fill with ingredients add ice and shake.
2. Divide between 4 martini glasses
3. Garnish with lime slice and fresh cranberries.

Cranberry Cosmopolitan

1/2 cup Cranberry Liqueur
1/4 cup Cointreau
2 tablespoons lime juice

Mix ingredients with 1 cup crushed ice; strain into martini glass.
Makes 2 cocktails.

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - Gourmet_Mom - 12-22-2010

Like I would find Cranberry Liqueur around here! I can't even get a mini bottle of Frangelica for the Nutella Cookies. ALTHOUGH, I'll check with BG. If she's interested, I'll pick some up in town when I go for the Frangelica and a few other things tomorrow.

Thanks for the cocktail ideas, Vicci. I was just wondering what special cocktail I should fix for Christmas Eve. I'm wondering about the Mermaid drink Jean is so crazy about that you posted. It doesn't seem like it would LOOK very Christmas-y, but it sure does sound good!

Okay, just talked to BG and she really liked the sounds of the Cran-tini. SO, IF we can find the the liqueur, that will be the cocktail of choice Christmas Eve! Thanks, Vicci!

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - cjs - 12-23-2010

Daphne, my mermaid drink was from a gal, Vickie, who we met in Hawaii - not our Vicci.

Those do sound good, Vicci! (copied)

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - foodfiend - 12-23-2010

Daphne, I'd go with Ruby Sippers for Christmas Eve. The liquer that I am mentioning I made and if you were closer I'd deliver a bottle! But I still think that you can purchase it commercially... somewhere...

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - Gourmet_Mom - 12-23-2010

Well, POOH! Back to square one! Any fun cocktail ideas, anybody?

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - cjs - 12-23-2010

Well, hell, Daphne - doesn't Elvis sing about a "BLUE CHRISTMAS"????? Make the Hawaiian martinis!

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - Harborwitch - 12-28-2010

Cranberry liqueur???? Hmmmmmmmmm. Crantini! That sounds sooooo good, especially since I "happen to have" some wonderful cranberry liqueur!!! Thank you SS

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - Gourmet_Mom - 12-28-2010

Bragger! Vicci, you wanna share how you made that stuff? BG really wanted to try those Crantinis.

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - foodfiend - 12-28-2010

Sharon, ENJOY!!!

Daphne, I will dig up the recipe in the next day or so. It wasn't difficult, but you need to allow it to steep for at least 6 weeks, AND remember to shake it every day. The end result, though, is worth it.

Re: If you have any cranberry liquer this year... - LivLife - 12-29-2010

Searching for New Years Eve cocktails I stumbled across your post! Both look just perfect! Thank you so much for posting!