Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? (/showthread.php?tid=113602)

Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - cjs - 12-20-2010

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

80° So, we're repeating our menu of grilled steak and tatoes and had some bananas going over the hill, so Raspberry jello with bananas.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - Trixxee - 12-20-2010

Going very light this week. Tonight, chicken paillards (sp?) with a clementine salsa. Not sure what else, possibly black beans.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-20-2010

I decided on the Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast with mashers and peas. We really like it last time, and it'll give me a chance to get my housework and washing done.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - Harborwitch - 12-20-2010

We're having the red curry chicken, rice, and broccoli tonight. Late lunch yesterday so we weren't hungry for dinner.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - cjs - 12-20-2010

I wonder how kettle corn would be with a little peanut butter?? I hope Labs answers about before or after popping coating the popcorn.......it could be our late snack.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - Harborwitch - 12-20-2010

I saw a peanut butter popcorn on FoodGawker.com. Since my computer is down I don't have the recipe handy - but a search on there should find it. As I recall the PB went on the popcorn after it was popped.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - labradors - 12-20-2010

Quote:

I wonder how kettle corn would be with a little peanut butter?? I hope Labs answers about before or after popping coating the popcorn.......it could be our late snack.

It's good, but for my own taste, I like the regular popcorn better. Well-buttered popcorn goes very well with the peanut butter, too. Note that I wouldn't try popping the corn in the peanut butter nor pouring a whole bunch of melted peanut butter over the popcorn. Just dig out a very-heaping tablespoon of peanut butter (let everyone else get his or her own) and just dredge a kernel or two of the popped corn in the peanut butter that's on the spoon as you munch away.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-20-2010

You know, the more I think about this, the better it sounds. It might would even improve the kettle corn, too.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - HomeCulinarian - 12-20-2010

I have a couple of acorn squashes wanting to be used up, so I'm roasting them with a small pork loin roast. Also have lots of spinach to use up, so I'll make some garlicky sauteed spinach, too.

Re: Monday's Menu, Dec. 20th?? - cjs - 12-20-2010

acorn squash?????? how did this get in our conversation of peanut butter kettle corn, may I ask??????

sorry, Jeannette, it took me a minute to get back on track.