Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=110645)

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - cjs - 11-05-2010

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Leftovers (Barley Risotto) are it for us today.

Will be slicing up the bacon today that I smoked yesterday and I have a feeling BLT will be in order in the next day or two... I added more black pepper and a couple jalapenos to the curing so I'm anxious to taste this batch.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Mare749 - 11-05-2010

No cooking tonight. We're going to one of those "night at the races" fundraisers and I guess they serve food. Don't know what, but may not be much. It seems that people take all kinds of appetizers with them.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - VinceF - 11-05-2010

Friday's are our date night, no cooking here!
Last night we did have portobello kung pao straight out of an old CH, it was good.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - HomeCulinarian - 11-05-2010

Quote:

Last night we did have portobello kung pao straight out of an old CH, it was good.

Love that recipe!

Not sure, I think we'll eat leftovers before we go dancing.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Trixxee - 11-05-2010

I have a lot to do for our Zenyatta party tomorrow so tonight I'm pulling out some homemade lasagna out of the freezer.

I need to go to an award's assembly for Michael at school, clean the house, make my cherry cola glaze and make our Zenyatta banner (which means a trip to Michael's for art supplies). I better get going!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - esgunn - 11-05-2010

Have Fun Trixee!!

Vince I will have to check out the portabello Kung Pao recipe.

Crock pot recipe. It will either be Chicken tortilla soup or white chicken chili.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - karyn - 11-05-2010

Erin, we love chicken tortilla soup! It's one of my favorites for the crockpot on busy days.

We're going for comfort food tonight...macaroni and cheese. As a concession to health, I'll either make a clean-out-the-fridge salad or roast some broccolini.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-05-2010

We're having steak night, as usual. The employee is here. Thankfully, my butcher sold me the steaks for last week's sale price. I love having a nice butcher. He does that a lot!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - chef_Tab - 11-05-2010

After lots of fluctuating, I finally decided to go with sloppy joes. I like the recipe from Dr Gourmet, but I am using ground turkey breast instead of beef. My taste buds are coming back slowly and I have some energy. Antibiotics must be working. Sadly.....no adult beverages until Monday

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? - cjs - 11-05-2010

That's o.k., Theresa, I'll take care of that part of your diet...