Cuisine at home Forums
OT-School Cafeterias - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT-School Cafeterias (/showthread.php?tid=110259)

OT-School Cafeterias - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2010

School cafeterias have changed in the past few years....at least they have around here. Soon after I started at my current school, the admin decided to replace the old tables and chairs in the school cafeterias with some tables with attached seats that fold up and can be moved around. This was a pain, because I have to sit on these things, also. I never thought I'd be THANKFUL for a 20 minute lunch!

But the REAL pain is when I have to go to a workshop that is held in a school cafeteria. That means, I have to sit on this thing for hours...sometimes, all day! I spent three hours sitting at one of these tables today, and my sciatic nerve is really protesting right now! Check out the blue "seat" in the picture below.

[Image: DSC03094.jpg]

Re: OT-School Cafeterias - chef_Tab - 10-29-2010

ugh, I would call those "pods" not seats! No back support? I am sure they are fine for kids eating a quick lunch, but not meant for long term squatting. Sheesh, hard to decide which is worse....the torture of sitting on one of those through a meeting, or spending the day with middle schoolers. Daphne, all around, you have my sympathies.

Re: OT-School Cafeterias - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2010

My back and right leg thank you for your sympathies. You can't imagine the torture! The first workshop of the year was a WHOLE DAY on those "PODS"! It took several days to get over that one!

Re: OT-School Cafeterias - cjs - 10-29-2010

Ouch!!!

Re: OT-School Cafeterias - Mare749 - 10-29-2010

Daphne, that's just not right. Would anyone object if you took your own chair? If you have a bad back, it seems to me that's all the excuse you would need. If you were in a wheelchair, no one could say anything...

Re: OT-School Cafeterias - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2010

"Would anyone object if you took your own chair?" Teachers that work at that school usually pull in their own chairs. To be honest, I hadn't thought of it, but now that you mention it, I think I'm going to have to buy my own folding "camp" chair and put it in my trunk. That way, I'll be ready next time!

Re: OT-School Cafeterias - DFen911 - 10-30-2010

Ok I swear that is a form of torture! It was probably designed that way so the kids won't hang out and sit around. They're desinged to be so painful the kids would rather get up and go outside