Cuisine at home Forums
REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade (/showthread.php?tid=108722)

REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - Gourmet_Mom - 10-03-2010

I chose the Pizza Stuffing with mushrooms and olives. I did the recipe exactly as written except for one thing. I didn't feel the pesto was enough. I would say I doubled it. I don't know if it was the pesto I used or what. Maybe a store bought brand would work with 1/4 cup, but I used Bill and Jane's recipe (which is very good BTW).

William would never give it a score. He just kept saying that this is the best thing I've made in the past two years. The flavors were REALLY good! If you stick to the 8 servings, the calorie count is not too far out there. I served it with a spinach salad and was very satisfied with my serving. William...not so much. Luckily, I have some chicken picatta left over from last night. I have been forbidden to take the leftovers from tonight to school tomorrow. He'll probably polish off the rest tomorrow for breakfast and lunch.

I'd give it a 10. This one's right up there with the other 10's we've had in my opinion.

[Image: DSC04920.jpg]

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - Mare749 - 10-03-2010

This looks/sounds delicious! Which book is this in?

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - Harborwitch - 10-03-2010

OMG!!! Looks and sounds beautiful.

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - Gourmet_Mom - 10-03-2010

OOPS! Sorry! This is in Cuisine at Home, Issue 82, page 25. The stuffing is on page 27. There is a Creole stuffing on page 26. Heck, the marinade for the steak is worth using alone, but with this stuffing...AWESOME!

I forgot to mention that I would make this on a weeknight...that easy...but only if I had the pesto made ahead of time. One mistake I made was to marinate the steak before doing the spinach/mushroom mixture. That created a wait time I don't want to have next time. So I will probably do all my prep ahead, start with the mushroom/spinach part of the filling; THEN, put the meat on to marinate while this part of the filling cools.

The directions for the grilling was PERFECT! And the skewer used to secure it worked like a charm.

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - HomeCulinarian - 10-04-2010

Looks like something we would definitely like! Going to give this a try.

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - cjs - 10-04-2010

Oh my, another one that sounds really good!! Glad when things calm down and I can get back in my kitchen!

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - karyn - 10-04-2010

Quote:

Looks like something we would definitely like! Going to give this a try.

Ditto!

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - esgunn - 10-04-2010

Great review Daphne! It looks delicious!

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - Trixxee - 10-04-2010

Beautiful!

Re: REVIEW: Stuffed Flank Steak with red wine marinade - pjcooks - 10-04-2010

Looks really good, Daphne! I might actually get Picky to eat this. I also love C@H's other flank steak recipes, I don't know the issues off hand but I really love their technique for butterflying the flank so it is super thin. Not having my issue at hand, was this the same method used? You make 3 cuts total: cut, fold back onto itself, then cut once each on either side. Open up like a book. Looks a little tricky but works like a charm. Sorry I don't know the issue #. I just got home from an extremely emotional funeral and don't have a whole lot of energy left to find the magazine.

Thanks for your review, will have to try soon.

PJ