Cuisine at home Forums
Mission Accomplished - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Mission Accomplished (/showthread.php?tid=108406)

Mission Accomplished - DFen911 - 09-27-2010

Well we're back from our vacation and we found a new home

We're hoping to move in the next 2 years, have to wait for Derek to retire, but at least we'll have our new home waiting for us. We will be going to Sutherlin Oregon which is about 11 miles outside of Roseburg.

Now to survive the next 2 years, but at least we have something wonderful to look forward to

[Image: our_new_home.jpg]

Re: Mission Accomplished - HomeCulinarian - 09-27-2010

That's really great for you, two! Very nice house.... tell us more about it!

Re: Mission Accomplished - Harborwitch - 09-27-2010

We're so glad that it all fell into place for you two!!!

Re: Mission Accomplished - Gourmet_Mom - 09-27-2010

Lovely, Denise! So how many acres? Will the vineyard be out front or in back?

I agree, tell us more! So you actually bought it? WOAH!

Oh, and how's the kitchen setup? Very important, for sure!

And then there's the familiarity of that location. If only......

Re: Mission Accomplished - chef_Tab - 09-27-2010

What a pretty home and picturesque setting! It actually looks like it could be near me. So very different from your present location with palm trees and all. What are the buildings between the house and big tree in the background?

Re: Mission Accomplished - foodfiend - 09-27-2010

Wow, how very cool to have things all set for you when Derek retires--something definite to look forward to! It looks like a rather large home, how many bedrooms? Jack doesn't believe me when I say that I want a tiny house, 2 bedrooms max, when we find our retirement area...

Re: Mission Accomplished - Gourmet_Mom - 09-27-2010

Hey, I'm thinking about a studio in Mom's back yard in Southport...LOL! But it'll have an awesome kitchen, though!

Re: Mission Accomplished - karyn - 09-27-2010

What a beautiful home and setting! I hope you get time to enjoy it now, as well as when you retire...

Re: Mission Accomplished - Harborwitch - 09-27-2010

Bob wants to know where the motorhome goes????? LOL

Re: Mission Accomplished - DFen911 - 09-27-2010

Thank you all so much for your kind words We are so excited! The property is a little over 7 acres. I've already put a call into Jean and Roy about grapes I'll have to have a long conversation with Roy before I get started. I also want a real garden for the first time since I was a child.

We have so many wild blackberries that grow along a creek that runs the length of the property. I think I'll get at least 20 jars of jam along with a few pies

The first day we were out there we had deer on the property as well as wild turkeys. So a deer fence is in order around the future grapes and garden.

I'm just so excited over all the prospects and possiblities