Cuisine at home Forums
Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review (/showthread.php?tid=106222)

Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review - esgunn - 08-16-2010

From Fresh and Fabulous - and last weeks ERecipe.

I have been interested in this salad but wasn't quite sure about the watermelon in it witht he bacon and the parmesan black pepper dressing. But I really liked it. Made it last nigth for my dinnner. And how can you go wrong with croutons made with bacon drippings!!! I'm having a hard time seeing how this is better for you, but it was good. I would rate this a 9 for taste and ease. Of course I don't think you were supposed to eat the rest of the croutons dipped in the dressing for dessert.

I made one addition and one change. I did not have yogurt so used all mayo (only made a portion of the dressing and salad, not the whole recipe) I added a few slices of grilled chicken breast because I was so hungry.
Hoping that would stave off the binging - but I guess It didn't work.

Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review - Gourmet_Mom - 08-16-2010

Thanks for the review, Erin. I can see where the croƻtons would be tempting. I think I'd eat almost anything made with bacon...LOL!

You know, I can't seem to get William to try watermelon in a savory dish. Every time I mention it, he turns his nose up. Maybe I just need to make it and not ask...LOL!

Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review - cjs - 08-16-2010

Note to William - remember 'different' pizzas, Mister!!!

I think I saved that recipe Erin, it sounded good to me also.

Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review - chef_Tab - 08-16-2010

Thanks for the review, Erin, I too have been eyeing that one. Not only is it in the book, it was in a recent email from C@H too. Looking forward to trying it even more now.

Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review - HomeCulinarian - 08-16-2010

I've been passing that one over as I go through the book. You've changed my mind and I'll give it a try.

Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review - karyn - 08-16-2010

Erin, thanks for bringing this one up! I've been overlooking it as well, but my spring it on John after the kiddos are safely back at school.

Re: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Watermelon Salad Review - pjcooks - 08-16-2010

I'm glad you liked it. I saved it-it's got my name all over it! Thanks for the review.

PJ