Cuisine at home Forums
Do I need this??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Do I need this??? (/showthread.php?tid=105670)

Do I need this??? - luvnit - 08-08-2010

Okay there is another restaurant auction and I found this handy-dandy item on the list. If I could get this for say, $10-$20, do you think it would be worth it?

It is a Fresh-o-Matic by Wear-Ever:

[Image: 616.JPG]

Not exactly sure what all I can cook with it. I am thinking steamed crab legs and other seafood. But I guess we don't do that very often.

What else can I put in this? Corn on the cob?

Re: Do I need this??? - labradors - 08-08-2010

If it's the same thing I'm seeing on a web page as new for almost $900, and it works, then $10-$20 would certainly be a good price.

Here's what the page said:
Quote:

Discover why no professional kitchen can be complete without the Lincoln Fresh-O-Matic food steamer. The Fresh-O-Matic is the perfect solution for refreshing a wide variety of precooked or frozen foods. The exclusive superheated steam heats or re-heats baked goods, meats, seafood, fruits, vegetables, sandwiches, pasta, tortillas and more.

Meats come out with that just sliced texture and taste, buns and baked goods regain their just baked, taste-tempting freshness. Lincoln recommends using distilled water only in the Fresh-O-Matic Steamer.

Also,
Quote:

Heats or Reheats:
  • Baked Goods - 15 seconds Coffee cake, French toast, dinner rolls, hot dog or hamburger buns are hot in 15 seconds.
  • Precooked Meats - 60 seconds
  • Seafood- 45 seconds
  • Precooked Fruits and Vegetables - 45 seconds
  • Sandwiches - 60 seconds Melts cheese on burgers and heats BBQ sandwiches in 60 seconds.
  • Pasta - 2 minutes Individual pasta entree with tomato and meat sauce is ready in 2 minutes.

HERE is that page, which also mentions disposable foil insert pans to use in it and has a link for a PDF file of the manufacturers specifications.

Re: Do I need this??? - cjs - 08-08-2010

Need? No! Want? If you have room, I'd get it!!

Re: Do I need this??? - Harborwitch - 08-08-2010

cool toy!!! I'd get it.

Re: Do I need this??? - Roxanne 21 - 08-08-2010

Wish we had auctions with those products...sure looks interesting re:labs's post. I would get it in a heartbeat. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Re: Do I need this??? - Mare749 - 08-08-2010

Never saw one of those before, but sure do like it! The only thing that would hold me back is that I'm running out of storage space and have to keep some of my toys in the basement. That's okay, but then we are less likely to pull them out on a daily basis. If you want it, I say go for it! And be sure to let us know all the cool things you use it for.

Re: Do I need this??? - luvnit - 08-09-2010

I GOT IT!!!

I only paid $4.30! How cool is that?

I have to pick it up today.Smile

Here are some things this little gadget can do:
-Reheat rice, pasta, meats, crab legs, lobster tails, burgers
-Poach eggs in 30 seconds!
-Scrambled eggs in 60 seconds
-Reheat formerly grilled meats to perfection!
-Bring life back to dinner rolls, sweet rolls, muffins, etc.

Gosh I can't wait to reheat Sharon's Custard Rich Rolls!

This baby is going to be fun to experiment with.

It needs some cleaning up, but that's okay. It's been loved...

I love this auction-house. They have such great deals.

Re: Do I need this??? - cjs - 08-09-2010

Congratulations and have fun.

Re: Do I need this??? - foodfiend - 08-09-2010

How fun! And at $4.50, you were meant to have it, right?