Cuisine at home Forums
Blackberry Mojitos! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Blackberry Mojitos! (/showthread.php?tid=104765)

Blackberry Mojitos! - foodfiend - 07-22-2010

JUST FOR YOU ALL, I spent the past 2 evenings figuring out the recipe.

Blackberry Mojitos

15 fresh mint leaves
¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar (may need more, depending
on the sweetness of your berries)
¼ cup white rum
½ cup fresh blackberries
cold seltzer or soda water

In a small pitcher, muddle the mint leaves, fresh lime juice, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10-30 minutes.
Use a slotted spoon and pick up most of the mint leaves then use a second spoon to squeeze the leaves almost dry of liquid. Discard the mint.
Add the rum and blackberries. Mash the berries lightly; stir.
Fill 2 (12-14 ounce) glasses with ice and divide the rum mixture between. Fill with seltzer. Stir gently.

Jack thinks that it needs more rum, but with this heat I have a hard enough time making dinner... enjoy!

BTW I took a nice photo of it but am having some computer issues, so if you want to view the picture I did manage to get it into a blog post today.

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - - 07-22-2010

This looks good, Vicci!! - We add Chambord as well when we make ours -

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - luvnit - 07-22-2010

Oh Vicci! I may just have to make those on Saturday for my guests. Who am I kidding... for me and my sanity!

Those sound wonderful. I will have to try and make those!

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - foodfiend - 07-22-2010

Sonja, Chambord sounds as though it would add a nice touch to the drink. I wonder if we have any (behind all of the rum).

Laura, I think that you need to make a pitcherful! Since the berries were sweet and flavorful, these had a very intense berry flavor. I wish you were nearby, my mint is growing like weeds!

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - luvnit - 07-22-2010

I was already calculating that! Seriously!

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - Gourmet_Mom - 07-22-2010

"I spent the past 2 evenings figuring out the recipe." A chore, I'm sure!

Seriously, they sound and look good Vicci.

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - esgunn - 07-22-2010

They sound delicious! We are a log ways from blackberris around here. But I am picking a lot of raspberries...and I have lots of mint. I have really been enjoying a fresca mojito most nights. Just a nice summer drink.

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - Mare749 - 07-22-2010

Hey, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it!

Sounds good, Vicci. Thank you for the recipe. I just might have to switch to rum.

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - cjs - 07-22-2010

"Hey, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it! and, we're so glad you did it!1

Re: Blackberry Mojitos! - chef_Tab - 07-23-2010

Vicci, I think we all appreciate your sacrifice. Next time don't be such a martyr and call me. I will come to your rescue to sample and concur.

Laura, my suggestion is that you make a pitcherful and hide it in your bedroom. Not to be shared, but for your own medicinal purpose.