Cuisine at home Forums
1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: 1st of July!! What's for Dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=103183)

1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - cjs - 07-01-2010

What's on everyone's menu?

I had planned on the Orzo Risotto with Mushrooms (portabello & Shiitake) & Garlic Scapes, but...Harginger Winery called and we'll be bottling today, so probably won't have the energy. Bottling Malbec.

Re: 1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - Lorraine - 07-01-2010

Sounds like fun, Jean. It's a work day for us, but I'm trying to think of a nice birthday dinner for him. No ideas yet.

Re: 1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - cjs - 07-01-2010

Hey, happy birthday to 'him'!!! Hope you both don't work too hard today, play a little too!!

Re: 1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - Mare749 - 07-01-2010

Happy Birthday to Gil! What Jean said, hope you have some time for fun too.

I'm taking advantage of the cooler weather here to make a pot roast, using the recipe that Lorraine gave me for short ribs for the gravy. It's one of Ron's favorite meals.

Re: 1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - esgunn - 07-01-2010

Lorraine, Happy Birthday to Him. I hope you both have a good day, and a day off soon to celebrate!

I don't know yet. It is rainy and a gym night. Maybe Terriaki chicken in the crock pot.

Re: 1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-01-2010

I can't decide. I had planned the Cajun Shrimp Fettucine, but Baby Girl is coming home. She has recently decided she can't eat shrimp ! She said she'd just bring the Pepto, but I decided to pick something else.

" It is rainy and a gym night." - yeah - first of July and rain!!

Re: 1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-01-2010

I totally forgot! Tell Gil Happy Birthday!!!! Like the others said, I hope you get at least a few minutes for you two to enjoy a little celebration.

Re: 1st of July!! What's for Dinner? - esgunn - 07-01-2010

Jean, I heard it is supposed to improve July 5th. Maybe even up to the 80's later in the week.

from your lips (or Steve Poole's ) to God's ears.