Cuisine at home Forums
Denise! Eric Greenspan - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Denise! Eric Greenspan (/showthread.php?tid=103038)

Denise! Eric Greenspan - Gourmet_Mom - 06-27-2010

is on Next Food Network Star tonight! Three of the contestants have to re-invent his favorite dish, mac and cheese with a juicy steak. This is going to be a cool challenge.

Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan - DFen911 - 06-27-2010

OMG I did not know that!! He also got a mention in Fine Living Magazine too

Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan - Old Bay - 06-27-2010

Quote:

is on Next Food Network Star tonight! Three of the contestants have to re-invent his favorite dish, mac and cheese with a juicy steak. This is going to be a cool challenge.

The mac & cheese is good with the steak--but a man of his "spoiled" stature should have sauteed mushrooms, and creamed Swiss Chard with it too--a fine Caymus Cab, and with a double espresso to finish!!

I'm spoiled too, just without the money, and the stature!!

Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan - cjs - 06-28-2010

I learned to love mac and cheese served on grilled salmon with bbq sauce - years ago. YUM. Sure glad there were no "spoilers" in this thread. I took a chance and read it - I won't see this episode til we get home.

For some reason this year I'm enjoying the 'cast' of Bravos top chef better than Food Network cast.

Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan - labradors - 06-28-2010

When I worked at Wolfgang's, one of the quick things we served at the express was a big serving of garlic mashed potatoes topped with a garlic-butter sauce that was absolutely wonderful.

Another big seller was the mac and cheese.

One of our regular customers was a security guard from the big movie theatre across the way from us, and he almost always ordered the mac and cheese...

... covered with a generous portion of the garlic-butter sauce that we usually used for the mashed potatoes! One day, I finally tried it that way, myself, and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

I'm sure that meal wasn't exaclty dietician and cardiologist approved! LOL!

Re: Denise! Eric Greenspan - DFen911 - 06-28-2010

You know I never had mac n cheese until Derek and I were dating?!

And that's when I started liking cheese...and when I found out that cheese hated me DOH!