Cuisine at home Forums
Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? (/showthread.php?tid=102271)

Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - cjs - 06-15-2010

What's on your menu?

I'm pulling a leftover out of the freezer, don't know which one yet. So, nothing exciting.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - DFen911 - 06-15-2010

Pasta with pesto!

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-15-2010

Denise, I wish I was closer. I just went out on the deck to pinch the tops off my Basil plants. They're going crazy this summer. Time to make pesto again. I'm going to make this batch a double and freeze it all. I figure I'll be really glad this winter.

Tonight we're having another Cookbook Challenge dinner. Last night was AWESOME! So I have high hopes for this one. I do have one little concern, though. I don't have Shiso leaves, but the recipe said you could sub tarragon. So any advice on this would be appreciated. The recipe is titled Skirt Steak with Shiso-Shallot Butter...now say that three times really fast....heck I can't get it out once without messing it up. I had planned on making the Asian Noodle Salad, a C@H recipe, but I think I'm just going to wing a stir fry with my LOVELY stir fry sauce made with Jean's Asian Sweet Chili Sauce....YUM!...and probably some rice.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - chef_Tab - 06-15-2010

Oh, Denise, I was just thinking pasta with pesto would taste sooo good. Tonight we are meeting an old coworker of hubby's at a local microbrew for dinner. I might try their beer infused chili. Looking forward to getting out.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - cjs - 06-15-2010

Daphne, when I don't have shiso, I sub a little of mint and basil - it is also called Japanese basil.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-15-2010

Well, the basil I've got. Since I don't have the mint, I think I'll try a little basil and tarragon, maybe? Especially since the recipe itself suggests the tarragon as a sub. It calls for 1 T of tarragon in place of 14 shiso leaves. We like the flavor of tarragon pretty much. I just have to be careful not to use too much. I think I'll check Culinary Artistry, too.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - esgunn - 06-15-2010

My basil Died. Too cold. it was 49 degrees at 10:30 this morning. Will we ever have a summer?

I think it will be soup in the crock pot. Only two more days of school. I am ready to be done!

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - labradors - 06-15-2010

Hamburgers, but I'm not at liberty to say any more, lest the recipes be deemed "previously published" according to the rules of the Sutter Home Winery Build a Better Burger contest.

Any of you thinking of entering? The deadline is July 31.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - HomeCulinarian - 06-15-2010

No burger building here... I've got a big mess of pea pods from the garden, so we will be having stir fry tonight. Working out of the freezer, pantry & garden this week. Out of town next week.

Re: Tuesday Dinner, June 15th? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-16-2010

"Skirt Steak with Shiso-Shallot Butter" Another winner! That's three for three!