Cuisine at home Forums
Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? (/showthread.php?tid=102185)

Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - Harborwitch - 06-13-2010

Well - we just did it! We bought a 36' Class A motorhome!

We're going to keep the mobile home here in ND - but we'll be back in CA before Summer is over.

The motorhome is beautiful (Lvstahoe & her husband checked it out for us), in very good condition with lots of nice extras, and we got it for exactly what we wanted to pay.

The galley is nice, there's lots of storage space, a huge slide-out, and a really nice layout. Now, lots of tubs, space bags, and figuring out what goes and what stays.

Oh geeze - now I really have to work on emptying the freezers and the pantry!

Uh, Jean, once we get all this squared away and know when we're heading back we'll holler. Plans are to take the northern route through Glacier National Park, up to your neck of the woods, and after a stop to see my nephews head to CA! Hopefully we can get together.

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-13-2010

Congratulations, Sharon! I know you're excited! I don't envy you figuring out how to stow stuff. I hope you're a good packer!

How's this going to work, anyway? You'll travel with your stuff TO the motor home or go get it and bring it back to pack?

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - Harborwitch - 06-13-2010

We have a good friend who has been planning on coming out to help us winterize the mobile. If he's comfortable driving a 36' motorhome out that will be perfect. Then we'll winterize the mobile, load up the motorcoach and a trailer and have him drive the van and we'll tow the trailer. We can camp whenever we want and there's lots of room in the motorhome for all of us (4 dogs,1 cat, and 3 people).

After living on the houseboat I think this will be a cinch.

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-13-2010

Oh, yea....I totally forgot about the houseboat. I guess you are a good packer!

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - Lorraine - 06-13-2010

Always good to follow your heart, Sharon. Congrats, and I want to say have fun, even though I know it will be a lot of work.

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - Harborwitch - 06-13-2010

Lorraine - you are certainly one who knows "follow your heart"! Our life has always been such an adventure and here we go again!

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - mjkcooking - 06-14-2010

Oh sharon - remember Erin and I are out here too! we would love to meet you

Marye

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - Harborwitch - 06-14-2010

Oh it's going to be a great trip. We won't forget you and Erin!

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - farnfam - 06-14-2010

How exciting! Congrats on the new motor home, sounds so nice

Re: Well we commited - or need to be commited???? - cjs - 06-14-2010

We'll all get together, that would be a lot of fun and would love to see you and Bob again, Sharon!!

...and the next chapter begins.