Cuisine at home Forums
Apricot Pineapple Cobbler - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Apricot Pineapple Cobbler (/showthread.php?tid=102156)

Apricot Pineapple Cobbler - cjs - 06-13-2010

I love this combination but haven't been able to find a recipe with a thick enough filling, so had to play with it and I do like the consistency of this one.

Apricot Pineapple Cobbler
a Chef's Journey Recipe

4 cups dried apricots(20 oz.)
4 cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
20-22 oz. crushed pineapple
4 T. cornstarch
Dash of salt
8 T. butter
Pastry for single pie crust
1 T. granulated sugar to sprinkle on crust

With a knife or scissors, cut each apricot into quarters. Put them in a saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil, cover and cook over medium-low heat 10 minutes. Add the sugar and cook 5 more minutes, covered. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the liquid. Set the liquid and the apricots aside.

Drain the pineapple into a saucepan, reserving the juice; add the pineapple to the apricots.

Add the cornstarch to the reserved pineapple juice, whisking to combine. Add the liquid reserved from the apricots and a dash of salt; cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.

Add the pineapple and apricots to the thickened juice mixture and combine thoroughly. Pour into a buttered 2 qt. baking dish. Dot with the butter.

Roll out the pastry to fit over the top of the cobbler, crimp the edges, pierce with a fork and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 375°F. for 35 minutes or cobbler is bubbly and the crust is browned.

This is the one I did for the party - it was larger than I made today (and the recipe)
[Image: ApricotPappleCobbler.jpg]

A little chocolate ice cream (or frozen yogurt) and I'm in heaven!!

Re: Apricot Pineapple Cobbler - BarbaraS - 06-13-2010

Oh my, but does that look wonderful!

Barbara