Cuisine at home Forums
Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? (/showthread.php?tid=102153)

Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - cjs - 06-13-2010

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

The Northwest has decided to join the rest of the country and enjoy a little summer weather, so something grilled sounds so good - don't know what yet. Ill wait to get insprired.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-13-2010

YEAAAAAHHHHHH! It's about time!

Well, we're going to grill hot dogs, and I'm going to experiment with corn dog nuggets. I'm also doing some slaw and chili and will probably grill some fries.

After Jean's razzing me about frying my french fries and the death of my deep fat fryer, I decided to try fries done differently. Since it's too hot to fire up the oven, we've started tossing fries with a little oil and salt on a sheet pan and placing it on the grill just before adding the burgers. They crisp up nicely! Who knew? (Probably everybody on here, but me...LOL!)

This is with frozen fries, but we've also done it with sweet potato fries (raw). As a matter of fact, I'll probably do the sweet potato fries tonight.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - cjs - 06-13-2010

Daphne! Spear up some russets and grill them - they are wonderful!!

I think I need to play with corn dog nuggets too!

Re: Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-13-2010

"Spear up some russets and grill them" Do you parboil them first+? I've only got sweet potatoes and yukon golds.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - cjs - 06-13-2010

No, no pre-cooking in any way - use any kind of potatoes. They are so good this way. Grill over medium heat.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - chef_Tab - 06-13-2010

Hubby and I spent most of the day running around town using up coupons. We purchased one of those umbrella style clotheslines, I cannot wait for it to be secured in the ground. I ended up making hamburgers on the grill. I bought some fresh peas from a local farmer, we ate them all while shelling them and grilling. I guess that was our appetizer with a bottle of wine.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - Harborwitch - 06-13-2010

I made Indian fry bread tacos with ground buffalo for a late lunch. I think dinner will be leftover ribs etc.

Re: Sunday's Dinner - June 13th? - Lorraine - 06-13-2010

Quote:

Indian fry bread tacos

Is that recipe posted here? Just got home from a catering event at the winery. I think it will be leftover meatballs and country style green beans for him. I think I'll have a salad.