Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? (/showthread.php?tid=101828)

Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - cjs - 06-07-2010

What's everyone up to for tonight?

I've got some chicken left from making the Jambalaya on the grill, so might use it in a salad or add it to F&W's Lemony Broccoli and Chickpea Rigatoni.

P.S. re Sunday dinner - whoever has access to page 98 of Pizza!Pizza!Pizza! - you might want to check it out and maybe use Guyere instead of Provolone. Also, next time I make this one, I'm going to sub shrimp for the ham - it just seems to be calling for it.

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - Mare749 - 06-07-2010

Duly noted. Thanks Jean!

Dinner tonight will be rotisseried chicken and either risotto or something with orzo. There was a recipe in Cuisine a while back for roasted vegs with orzo that was good.

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - HomeCulinarian - 06-07-2010

College boy requested pork chops - will brine and grill them. We have some sugar snap peas to harvest from the garden. Starch will probably be a rice pilaf.

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - Bizymomma - 06-07-2010

HMM.....softball games over in Oklahoma,...probably will be fixing some Cuisine de McDonalds. LOL!

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - chef_Tab - 06-07-2010

We cannot get the grilled pizza off of our minds so I am doing it again. Look what you started Jean!

I made the notes in my Pizzax3 cookbook. Love the idea of the avacado with shrimp!

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - farnfam - 06-07-2010

Ugh, clueless so far, but grilled pizza is sounding good

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - Lorraine - 06-07-2010

It's a recovery day. I had a huge pack of beef stew, so it's on the stove simmering.

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-07-2010

Oh, we LOVE gruyere! And the shrimp and avocado seem like they would be made for each other! I just happened to have the book by the computer, so I added your notes.

Shoot, I forgot to mention dinner. Since we didn't have burgers yesterday, I decided we'd do them tonight. I'll either do potato and onion packets or a chilled orzo with tomatoes and cuke. (It's so hot, it probably will be the chilled salad.) I wish I had some feta to go in there.

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - karyn - 06-07-2010

We also love grilled pizza, and I've made notes in my copy of the book.

We're going to give the honey-lime chicken fajitas from issue 69 a try. They sound really tasty with the grilled corn side dish. I'll let you know what we think of them.

Re: Monday's Dinner, June 7rh? - karyn - 06-08-2010

Quote:

We're going to give the honey-lime chicken fajitas from issue 69 a try. They sound really tasty with the grilled corn side dish. I'll let you know what we think of them.

These were REALLY good! I highly recommend them. They are lighter than my usual fajitas, but the roasted tomatillo salsa and grilled corn added a really nice touch. I grilled the tortillas, but didn't bother melting the cheese on them. That seemed a bit too fussy for me. I just grated some pepper jack to add to the fajitas. I also served them with some homemade guacamole. All in all, a very tasty dinner.