Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? (/showthread.php?tid=100122)

Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - cjs - 05-08-2010

What's on the menu?

I picked up a jar of Apple Chutney from Sassafras Catering in Portland's farmers market a couple weeks ago, so I'm making the recipe the gal gave me - "Coronation Chicken Salad"

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-08-2010

I haven't a clue! I've got a strong urge for some seafood, so I may make a run for some shrimp.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - karyn - 05-08-2010

My BIL is in town and we want to feed hm well. We'll be having grilled tri tip, served with one of my favorite CAH sides--maque choux, and a tossed salad.

Unfortunately it's really windy today, so we won't be able to have as much fun on the lake as we had planned, but it's always fun when family visits!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - foodfiend - 05-08-2010

I planned on tofu peanut noodles but DH reminided me that, since we will be having dinner with his mother tomorrow, perhaps we should have our regular Sunday pizza tonight. Which is doable since I have to make bread this afternoon and can whip up a batch of Jean's pizza dough at the same time.

He will not get out of it, though. I just pushed the tofu until lunch tomorrow!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - cjs - 05-08-2010

Sneaky there, Vicci

LOL! Vicci, you're a sneaky little thing!

Karyn, I have not had that maque choux for a long time! And I just so happen to have some leftover corn in the fridge.

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - labradors - 05-08-2010

Quote:

maque choux

Gesundheit!

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - Mare749 - 05-08-2010

We are putting a turkey on the rotisserie this afternoon. Also having grilled/roasted sweet potatoes, casserole dressing, and green beans almondine. Dessert will be butterscotch pound cake. (recipe to be posted)

Two more bottles of wine showed up in Joe and Rena's luggage, for anyone who might be interested.

Santa Julia Familia Zuccardi Viognier 2007, Mendoza, Argentina

Sol de Chile estate bottled Cabernet Sauvignon75%/Merlot25%, 2006 (Had this last night and the other Merlot)

Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/8?? - cjs - 05-08-2010

OH Maryann, what a fun weekend of loved ones, good wine and great food!! Can't get much better than that. Off to look at the butterscotch pound cake.

Oh, Maryann! What fun! What a thoughtful guest...LOL!