Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers
  Re: (...)
For dinner tonight I made the Salmon Burgers with Chipotle Mayo from my new Cuisine Lite cookbook. Wow,wow,wow! I was not even expecting much because I have made salmon burgers before and they were forgetable. Both hubby and I gave these a solid 10. I served them on some fresh french rolls instead of the recommended english muffins. The chipotle mayo was so delicious, I could not stop tasting it after I made it and hubby kept slathering more on his sandwich. The combination of orange zest, scallion, and garlic in the burger is fabulous. I think people who do not care for salmon would even eat these. I would not mind having this meal every week. As a side I chose to roughly grate a sweet potato, toss it in evoo, salt, pepper, spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for about 15 mins. Yum. A tossed salad rounded things out.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by chef_Tab (For dinner tonight I...)
Oh, Theresa, this sounds wonderful! Thanks for the review! I can't wait to get my copy...this weekend for sure! There seem to be so many good recipes coming out of this publication.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Theresa, this so...)
Hope that I can find this book at Sam's tomorrow-- it's written in red on my shopping list! And this recipe may be the first one I make. Thanks for the review, Theresa!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by foodfiend (Hope that I can find...)
Remember, Vicci, it is with the magazines. I got both the slowcooker book and Lite book at the Sams here. Might I suggest doubling everything, because I have been sitting here craving another.
Theresa

Re: Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by chef_Tab (Remember, Vicci, it ...)
Thanks for the reminder
(as she wanders 'round and 'round the book section at Sams...)
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by foodfiend (Thanks for the remin...)
Zesty Salmon Burgers with Chipotle Mayonaise

If you have time,chill the patties for 30 mins to firm them before broiling.

2 T chopped scallions
2 T orange juice
1 t each minced orange zest and minced garlic
1/4 t kosher salt
1/8 t ground black pepper
6-8 oz skinless salmon fillet cubed
2 T mayo
1 t minced fresh cilantro
1/2 t minced chipotle in adobo
Romaine lettuce leaves
2 whole wheat english muffins,toasted
Red onions, sliced, optional

Preheat broiler with oven rack 6-8 inches from the heating element. Line the bottom of a broiler pan with foil. Coat top pan with nonstick spray.

Combine scallions,orange juice,zest,garlic,salt,and pepper in a food processor. Add salmon cubes, pulse until salmon is coarsely ground, scraping sides of processor as needed. Salmon Mixture will be loose. Place salmon on a small sheet of waxed paper. Divide to form two patties.

Flip patties onto the prepared broiler pan. Broil 10-12 mins turning once.

Stir together mayo,cilantro,and chipotle in a bowl.

Divide lettuce leaves between 2 muffin halves. Top each with a salmon burger and about 1 T chipotle mayo,add onion if desired. Top with remaining muffin half.
Theresa

Re: Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by chef_Tab (Zesty Salmon Burgers...)
Madmax was going to make these this past weekend, have to ask how she liked them. I'm anxious to make them too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by chef_Tab (Zesty Salmon Burgers...)
Thanks, Theresa...I'm going to try these tonight.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by Dismc (Thanks, Theresa...I'...)
Madmax said she LOVED THESE!!! (yes, she shouted ) O.K., probably Friday night.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review: Cuisine Lite Salmon Burgers by cjs (Madmax said she LOVE...)
I can't wait to try these, Theresa - (and receive my book) - thanks for posting the recipe in case the USPS lets me down!!