Review - Spiced Meatballs
  Re: (...)
Issue # 73, Feb 2009

Spiced Meatballs in Fragrant Tomato Cauce

When I first read this recipe I thought that sounds really tasty. As I was cooking it I thought..hhmm.

I did make one change in that I did not saute my meatballs in the oil. Rather I baked them. Everything else I did exactly.

There is a lot of citrus going here. But I have to admit the flavors really go well with each other. I also did the Lemon Pastina and this is a must! I can't imagine the meatballs/sauce with anything else. The lemon flavor is so light and compliments the orange flavors found in the sauce.

The gremolata is also a must for the flavor. The only thing I was questioning was the orange zest in the gremolata and not lime zest. Lime and cilantro go hand in hand in my book.

Overall rating I give this a 9 out of 10.

[Image: SpicedMeatballsinFragrantTomatoSauc.jpg]
  Re: Review - Spiced Meatballs by DFen911 (Issue # 73, Feb 2009...)
Oh my, that looks so good! Gorgeous photo, Denise.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review - Spiced Meatballs by Mare749 (Oh my, that looks so...)
looks so tasty! The dishes from this issue so far are pretty darned good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Review - Spiced Meatballs by DFen911 (Issue # 73, Feb 2009...)
I haven't had breakfast yet. Now I'm hungry!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Review - Spiced Meatballs by luvnit (I haven't had breakf...)
That looks good Denise. I've got that one marked as well. I debated on using that one for the review. I'll be making my menu for next week today and will add that to the list. I haven't been doing that lately, so doing things from memory is difficult, so I wind up making old stuff.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.