Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Review
  Re: (...)
I could have sworn someone already reviewed this. But then, dreaming about food can do that to you. So if I'm stepping on someone's toes with another review, sorry, I searched and searched again and could not find it.

Here goes: (First let me say, I had decided to go with the alternative starch...Spinach Feta Orzo, since we have had polenta several times lately.)

OK, first, I majorly screwed this thing up from the beginning.

1) I got home and realized I had given away my last pack of orzo to OS. I posted a HELP on here and got good replies to replace orzo with rice.
2) I got my mise en plas (sp?) and realized SOMEBODY had used up all my balsamic vinegar...a major ingredient in the recipe. So in the middle of my chopping, we head off to the store.
3)Being so frazzled, I forgot to put the onions in!
4)When I went to put the rice on, I realized I had a box of frozen BROCCOLI instead of SPINACH!
5)Plan D(?) I went with the soft polenta.

I think that's all the screw ups...now for the review:

This was a GREAT meal! I will DEFINITELY do it again! Even without the onions, the veggies were GREAT! The chicken was tender and juicy!

The final review:
Andrew (YS): 8 (I'm tired of chicken, but...)
William (DH): 7 (I had a big "snack" and the thyme was tooo much.)
Me: 9 I think the addition of the onion will make the already GREAT veggie mix even better. I also agree with my "dream review" that marinating the chicken ahead of time would increase the flavor.(I marinated mine for an hour. Overnight would be better.)

I look forward to doing this again with the orzo recipe. While everyone else liked the polenta, I found it a little tooo much...would reduce the feta.

All in all a good one and a keeper!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Review by Gourmet_Mom (I could have sworn s...)
I've found, like you Daphne, that most recipes call for just too darn much feta - I really like it, but I rarely used the stated amount.

One more time, this recipe is from which book? Sorry, I'm sure you've mentioned it, but now C@H has so many.... want to try it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Review by Gourmet_Mom (I could have sworn s...)
We've been making this recipe since we first got the first Weeknight Menu book and just love it. In the summer, I've made it on the grill instead of in the oven. We like it with the polenta and the orzo. I think a yellow rice would go well with it, too. I especially like that the chicken and veges are in one pan and it comes out all together sort of like a casserole, but it's definitely not a casserole.
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Review by HomeCulinarian (We've been making th...)
Gosh I have to get the first Weeknight Menus book...

You all make me jealous.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Review by luvnit (Gosh I have to get t...)
Sounds like a great combo. I signed up for a subscription, so am anxiously awaiting the book.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Review by Lorraine (Sounds like a great ...)
Lorraine, there are a lot of good ones in this book. Speaking of which, I need to make the skinny meatloaf again. That one was VERY good!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Review by Gourmet_Mom (Lorraine, there are ...)
Gosh you made Ratatouille for the "critics"...next you'll tell us you're opening a restaurant and your recipe actually came from a little rodent...

Where do I find this recipe by the way?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Revi by firechef (Gosh you made Ratato...)
Sweetie, it's in your Brand New Weeknight Menu book that came with your subscription! Page 19.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Revi by Gourmet_Mom (Sweetie, it's in you...)
I have yet to see my subscription or the "gift" for that matter..."Sweetie", I thought you knew me better than that by now!?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Ratatouille Chicken Thighs w/Soft Polenta-Revi by firechef (I have yet to see my...)
Well, my goodness, I guess I'll have to type that one up for you tomorrow!

Soooorrrrreeeeee!
Daphne